Author Topic: PartySay Error - Does not appropriately accept a string  (Read 4093 times)

Offline VlekTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Vlek has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • Bloodclan Orcs
PartySay Error - Does not appropriately accept a string
« on: October 02, 2014, 12:28:35 PM »
Hello, I found a bug with PartySay. It appears that it doesn't accept strings well. A line of text causes it to not work without showing an error. A few words will cause asian characters to appear, and "1" will actually show up as "1" in a party message. It's really weird.

Offline Orich

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Orich has no influence.
  • Respect: +12
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: PartySay Error - Does not appropriately accept a string
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 01:24:17 PM »
Hi Vlek.

I got your message on Youtube.  I don't have access to the Stealth code base anymore.

Since you're fairly active -- your best bet would be to post on the English Stealth Forums or get Vizit0r's ICQ and talk to him directly.  He's the only one who debugs the Delphi codebase now that I'm no longer actively developing.

Chrome and Dxrom are great resources for actual scripting troubleshooting.

-Orich
Member of the Stealth development team.
Author of Stealth .NET DLL

Offline VlekTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Vlek has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • Bloodclan Orcs
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 01:27:07 PM »
Could you tell me where that forum is? Also, could you PM me his ICQ? I wouldn't mind trying to talk to him. I was hoping there'd be a chat that I could get into and talk about this, but there isn't anything like that, is there?

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 03:18:54 PM »
Party stuffs is pretty weird altogether. Party list sometimes doesn't release members left or refresh correctly, and often stealth thinks it's in party when it isn't (Requires manually joining and leaving a party to refresh). I noticed the partysay issue a few months back and reported it as a bug, as I didn't have much use for it though I never looked back into it. I wouldn't hold my breath for Viz as I'm sure he is busy with current Russian conflicts which greatly outweighs Stealth, however I could be wrong also, it's always worth attempting to contact him, just don't be surprised if he doesn't respond or doesn't have time to handle it.

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Tags: