Author Topic: Lord Oaks and his little Queenie Silvani (How to Solo in Illshenar)  (Read 72523 times)

Offline Vader79

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Vader79 has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Lord Oaks and his little Queenie Silvani (How to Solo in Illshenar)
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2009, 01:04:13 AM »
+1
The Dirt Patches seem to have a 1:20 Drop Rate (got 1 a few days ago).

We used to dig up Shadow Ellys to do the spawn for us .... ;)

Offline Kenson

• Activity:
    0%
  • Kenson has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2009, 10:47:22 AM »
+1
you can get pink scrolls doing lord oaks in ish plus minor artys

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2009, 06:25:39 PM »
+1
you can get pink scrolls doing lord oaks in ish plus minor artys

Yup!

Offline Pirate Roberts

• Activity:
    0%
  • Pirate Roberts has no influence.
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2009, 02:23:51 PM »
+1
Forgive my newbie question, where do I fetch the dragons to lure over here???  I do like the shadow ele tricky too.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2009, 02:26:56 PM »
+1
Does the shadow elemental trick, still work for pet training?  (sorry for the OT..)  ;)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Pirate Roberts

• Activity:
    0%
  • Pirate Roberts has no influence.
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2009, 04:13:14 PM »
+1
Does the shadow elemental trick, still work for pet training?  (sorry for the OT..)  ;)

Sorry for the OT too, yes!! Shadow works for pet!

Offline UltimaTopic starter

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2009, 04:18:17 PM »
+1
I lured the Greater Dragons from Humility Shrine and that was quite a walk.

I haven't tried the Shadow Elemental Trick that would probably be easier just not sure how tough they are...are they impervious to damage?

I think I want to try and Lure Oaks to one of the Shrines and see how that works...

But Pirates you go deal with Meraktus and tell me how it goes..then worry about Mr. Oaks. :P

Offline Hoby

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Hoby barely matters.Hoby barely matters.
  • Respect: +79
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2009, 11:16:12 PM »
+1
But Pirates

Did he just call u a butt pirate? Lol. JK
I like you, your death shall be quick and painless!!
I may have alzheimers, but at least I don't have alzheimers.
Walruses are like vampires, only awesome
Pwned-The total domination or shut down of a person or thing. 
I believe a hangover is gods way of saying you kicked ass last night!
Life's to short to remove usb safely.

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2009, 10:46:45 AM »
+1
But Pirates

Did he just call u a butt pirate? Lol. JK

LOL! Well how many Pirates do you know that wears sandals? So yeah I'm allowed to make fun of him!

I was going to spawn Oaks and Lure him to the Humility Spawn but I think there have been changes implemented to make the Champ Spawn teleport back to the Alter if they are so many tiles away from it. I know that's what happens with some of the other Champions (Semindar, Rikktor, Mephistus) so I didn't give it a try but that would have been fun to watch Lord Oaks and Silvani spawning up another Boss and watching them do battle.

Hoby I haven't been farming any powerscrolls on the Asian Shard ever since I started farming Meraktus. I got my 2nd Statuette yesterday...finally. Now I want to try and solo Bedlam but I haven't figured it out yet I got caught on Tier 3 and didn't get 1 candle.  The twisted Weald is also top priority but that can't be solo'd I don' think. Tier 3 in the weald is absolutely brutal if your don't know what your doing. Bedlam isn't an easy spawn to solo either but there are some asians doing it as I've watched them on the tail end of the spawn.

Anyhow after making a small fortune I've become lazy in farming powerscrolls and focused more of my attention on some of the Champ Spawn Replicas. The Dreadhorn Statuette is the #1 Goal right now. Dreadhorn is my nemesis!

I have a friend comming back from Iraq who is fired up to farm powerscrolls so if you make it back over to the Asian Shard  we should be able to get some farming done if your still up for it.

Offline KnitePrince

• Activity:
    0%
  • KnitePrince has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2009, 11:31:13 PM »
+1
If you tried to released tamed Dragons wouldnt it reset their dest waypoint and they would try to return to "home" or their spawn point?
   i dont know how the newer stuff works, i havent played osi in years, but on the freeshards, if you release a pet, or it goes wild, you can usually find it at the furthest point it can get to in route back to where it spawned...  of course that wouldnt stop them from killing anything that attacked them on their way..  just a thought..

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2009, 10:23:03 AM »
+1
On OSI shards I'm pretty certain pets  just wander aimlessly once released. I'm not sure how the alignment of say a Greater Dragon would effect the Oaks Spawns after being released but I'm thinking it would revert and would start attacking Pixies.

But this spawn is pretty easy these days especially with 2 people or so especially for a Disco Tamer with a greater Dragon. The Illshenar Spawn Helper script here on SUO is tailor made for doing Oaks and is probably a better bet than trying to lure Paragon GD's and AW's.

Offline seeriusly

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • seeriusly has no influence.
  • Respect: +40
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2009, 09:11:25 PM »
+1
  I tried this little trick one day...  I couldn't get a para ancient to spawn.  Killed i'd say about 40 of them and not one paragon.  Maybe they fixed it, or broke.

Here's a video I seen on youtube doing the deed.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DioXvSbCO4g

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2009, 01:27:15 PM »
+1
How do you kill Oaks when Silvani is hiding?
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2009, 08:04:42 PM »
+1
Ah, memories.  I remember showing him this method =D

:)

Offline ilikefire

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • ilikefire has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2011, 05:28:32 PM »
+1
I wondered if others had tried this. I've actually never done the whole spawn this way but I've done this with newb characters to gather gold and scrolls (like on Origin when it first started).

Never tried it with Paragons either, just an Ancient Wyrm once which took it to level two then died.

We used to haul stuff up from Bog to do Oaks in Fel sometimes, forgot what they're called but those big blue slime looking things that spawn other minor monsters. They were good for pushing along level 1 before the peace necro made all other spawn characters practically obsolete lol.

Good stuff Ultima!

XII

It does work, kinda..
We released about 4 or 5 greaters and let them work, the only bad part was they started attacking stuff on the ledges and they would not attack anything else until what ever was on the ledge died. But it does allow you to kill only positive karma monsters, and still be able to level fairly fast. The greaters will parish when the angels and serpentine dragons spawn.

But Honestly a few archers killing mostly only positive karma spawn goes fairly fast, ABC archer works great with proper slayers. The Fey Bow (Silvani's?) works awesome, And a dragon slayer for the serpentine dragons.

Tags: