Author Topic: Imbuing junk for turn in points, what works best?  (Read 13113 times)

Offline GemviperTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Imbuing junk for turn in points, what works best?
« on: January 21, 2016, 07:20:46 PM »
I'm working up my second imbuer, on a second account, and was a bit surprised at the prices of imbue related stuff. Good luck even finding a 15 minute imbuing scroll and expect to pay over a quarter million per 0.1 skill scroll, really? The regular gems are ridiculous too, especially in west brit trammel jewel shop where the bank is within reach of the NPC.

I asked around and 1 guy suggested imbuing for clean up britannia points. He pointed out one particular vendor who had a portal to a house in his luna place where you could see a dozen afk smith/imbue toons doing their thing around a trash barrel. That luna place has a dozen or more of each cleanup dye for sale at all times, and most every other item the cleanup guys sells too.

So I'm convinced there is a way to turn raw mats into points for profit with imbuing, but what to make and what to imbue, anyone have a clue that is willing to talk about it? I'm sure someone has made a chart somewhere but I've yet to find it.

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Imbuing junk for turn in points, what works best?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 09:12:56 AM »
To raise imbing to need to stay in the 50% success rate to gain.   To  train imbuing for 50 to 120 is a question of quantity.  I had seen a few option.
 - Some had unreveal item all the way to 120.  u need high end loot for that. Covetous lvl 3.
 -  Mwinc have a build to raise imbuing and work fawless.  the cost is 1.3 mill uo to 5 mil.  Depening of where you buy your gem.  I have gem from mining and Gepsy camp.   Not sure that the amount of item  u make will give you lot of point in clean point.   

If ppl are trashing their items, you can oprn the trash and see what are they trashing.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 11:46:56 PM »
I got Imbue from 40 to 120 in just under 10 hrs, but this was not my first imbuer.

I've had a little luck with figuring out what gives the most turn in points, but not much yet. Item intensity dictates the name of the item and I found that I could make "greater" magic items fairly easily and cheaply. Things like "exceptional" and weapon vs armor and if it's a weapon is it a 2H also play a role.

I was getting 24 points for a war axe which works out to 2400 gold worth of points but my cost was just a few ingots and a handful of gems and residue. Remove the value I could have gotten by just selling the ingots and gems and it's still a 2k profit, sorta. With this math I will use up about 4.1 million in materials to get 250,000 points, and pick up a dye that sells for 5-7 million.

That's a 1-3 million profit BUT it's too time consuming, I'd have to make over 10k war axes and imbue them all so... my quest for an item to make/imbue that yields more than 24 brit cleanup points continues. I really hate the 3 min delay on house trash barrels too, but I'm glad they give points.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 11:48:39 PM by Gemviper »

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2016, 06:25:02 AM »
just secure your trash barrel, so when you hit the 125 items it will reset to 0 and will remove the 400 stones limit as well. 

Will be faster farming T-map from the guardian room.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2016, 05:56:13 PM »
Chances are they are just turning ingots/boards into residue, Turning in residue for 105-110 Powerscrolls + Chisels and throwing away the powerscrolls for cleanup points.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2016, 12:24:35 AM »
Turning in residue for 105-110 Powerscrolls

Didn't know you could turn in stuff for power scrolls, where do you do that?

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2016, 08:24:15 AM »
Quest npcs are around the public forge in the royal city.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2016, 08:40:33 AM »

Now I just find out why people are see imbuing PS.   Is for pp like you that didn't know that you can do quest.   

50 Residue  = 105-110 PS
50 Essence = 115 PS
50 Relic = 120 PS

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2016, 11:57:51 AM »

Now I just find out why people are see imbuing PS.   Is for pp like you that didn't know that you can do quest.    

50 Residue  = 105-110 PS
50 Essence = 115 PS
50 Relic = 120 PS

I just turn in residue for the 105-110 but my real reason is to get the runic chisels

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2016, 11:12:38 PM »
Name of the quest? I'm not seeing it.

I have enough residue to get more scrolls than I can store, and essence too, but I wouldn't do frags. You can scroll bind 10x 115s for a 120. ie: a 120 for the cost of 1000 essence... now I see where they come up with the price for that stuff.

So many prices are based on the equivalent turn in value, turning stuff in is probably how the rich keep getting richer daily. Well, that and using 40 accounts to mass mine etc. It must get boring when you have enough gold to buy anything you want 10x over, and expensive.

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2016, 02:13:49 PM »
Beninort.   : Secret of the Soulforge  = 50 Magical Residue
Aurvidlem : Knowledge of the Soulforge = 50 Essence
Ansikart   :  Mastering the Soulforge = 50 Relic

You only need 500 essence to get a 120 PS

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2016, 02:18:42 PM »
TY, I'm assuming you can only get an imbuing scroll?

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2016, 05:55:52 AM »
TY, I'm assuming you can only get an imbuing scroll?

Maybe 1 out of 50 or so you get a runic chisel in the bag with your ps

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2016, 03:16:07 AM »
last time I did the quest I burn well over 180K residue.  had lot of kits. but not enough high end one to reforge a good suit. 

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2016, 06:19:08 AM »
last time I did the quest I burn well over 180K residue.  had lot of kits. but not enough high end one to reforge a good suit. 

ya - only 10 charges on each

Tags: