Casa de TrailMyx > Programming / Operating Systems

So I wanted to learn some C# & asp stuff or whatever...

(1/4) > >>

OMGBurgers:
Well I downloaded the microsoft visual web developer express edition and decided to go with the ASP.NET w/ C#.  Create a SQL database, add a table, add some entries and I feel like I'm getting somewhere.  Then I start reading all these tutorials & crap and I get all confused and frusturated and give up hahaha.

Stupid computers.

I think I'll stick to just uo scripting for now & maybe find some better tutorials or easier ones later on lol.

TrailMyx:
Well, keep going with what's working for you.  I've found that some of the sample tutorials/code isn't really helpful.  But just keep it small for now and add little bits.  You can get overwhelmed if you try and start something too big and then just give up.  I did that a few times when I was learning windows programming originally (back in Windows 3.1 days when I was writing device drivers)

OMGBurgers:
I found a LOT better tutorial to use now.  I read about 15 pages of it but didn't really try it yet.  I'll give it a go sometime tomorrow ;P  It's so much more clear and descriptive.  I think I'll start with just learning basic statements & structure for now.  I did some VB a long time back & could pick up on it easy, but if I gota relearn it I may as well go for C#.  Oh well, that's tomorrows project!  Maybe I'll have a nifty little web application to show eventually haha.

TrailMyx:
Look for the Jesse Liberty books from O'Reilly for C# reference.  They are really the best I've come across so far.  The three books I use mostly are:

Learning C# (good starting reference)
Programming C# (great comprehensive, easy to read book)
C# Cookbook (Not by Jesse Liberty, but I highly recommend this one so you can get ideas about data structures, etc)

TrailMyx:
And the BEST custom controls book I've found so far is from Apress by Matthew MacDonald, "Pro .NET 2.0 Windows Forms and Custom Controls. in C#"  This one is really really good!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version