Casa de TrailMyx > Scripting Languages

finduo/searchuo

(1/3) > >>

jimmy:
I'm interested to learn more about how these guys are working. Seems pretty straight forward:

- Stealther rails through Luna on a circuit while scanning for vendors
- Each vendor is found and contents, prices, descriptions are saved to a file
- At the end of each circuit, the file is uploaded and imported into the webserver db
- Data is available for search via http forms
- Search results are associated with a predetermined link to coordinates on a map of Luna

TrailMyx:

--- Quote from: jimmy on August 19, 2008, 09:58:44 AM ---I'm interested to learn more about how these guys are working. Seems pretty straight forward:

- Stealther rails through Luna on a circuit while scanning for vendors
- Each vendor is found and contents, prices, descriptions are saved to a file
- At the end of each circuit, the file is uploaded and imported into the webserver db
- Data is available for search via http forms
- Search results are associated with a predetermined link to coordinates on a map of Luna

--- End quote ---

Umm, Yup!

That's pretty much exactly how I did mine originally.  Although I constantly sent data back to the webserver.  Other than that, you pretty much summarized my whole Luna scanner.  ;)

matt:
I personally love this service that a few peoples provide for the UO community... Thought about doing it myself one day but never had the urge to do it and walaa someone came up with it and did it!  I'm sure the best way to do it would be on a VM w/ multiple accounts running different shards at teh same time... *they may do this already* but its exactly as i had planned to do it at one time a long time ago hehe

jimmy:
your whole luna scanner? are you saying you run one of these sites or you have a script for it? i looked in the library but didnt see one

TrailMyx:

--- Quote from: jimmy on August 20, 2008, 02:27:17 PM ---your whole luna scanner? are you saying you run one of these sites or you have a script for it? i looked in the library but didnt see one

--- End quote ---

Yet another unreleased script.  You won't see that one released either at any point.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version