Casa de TrailMyx > Programming / Operating Systems

Oh how I hate Gnome 3!! Gnome3 sucks.

(1/4) > >>

TrailMyx:
The question was always KDE or Gnome, but now there's no question for me.  Neither.  I still hate the bloated feeling of KDE, but they really booted it with Gnome 3.  I think they were trying to go for an OS that is more tablet friendly, but in the process they created more button clicks, and hid existing functionality.  At this point, there are many things in Gnome 2 that you can no longer do in Gnome 3.  

1) Icons are massive without the ability to resize them.
2) Loss of context clicking
3) Limited widgets (no widgets in Gnome2 mode)
4) Additional clicking to do the same thing
5) Loss of desktop icons(can be hacked back, but sheesh, why?  Don't be KDE)
6) VERY limited configuration or customization.  Terrible actually.
7) Compatibility mode:  Where in the hell is the "logout"?  Jeebus.

People might recommend that you use the "compatibility" mode for Gnome2, but they have removed the widget functionality, and menu bar control.  It's pretty much useless.

For me, the only option at this point to get some of the Gnome2 functionality back is to run XFCE.  

So in summary, the Gnome team has a lot of work to bring the compatibility mode to a usable point.  And they really must re-think the button click count and general obscurity.  I have a couple large monitors, and it just doesn't make sense to use my vast desktop area to look like a Google/iPhone.  Yuck.

Shame on Fedora for making this the main GUI.  What the heck were they thinking????

Anyhow, this will be my running rant regarding this pathetic GUI.

So do yourself a favor, if you don't have xfce as an option under F15 do (as root):

--- Code: ---yum groupinstall xfce

--- End code ---

Reboot and log in under XFCE.  Problem solved.

gimlet:
I think you need to tell us how you really feel!

TrailMyx:
Gnome3 Sucks!!

Masscre:
Are you trying to tell us some thing TM? Do not hold it in just let it all out !!

TrailMyx:
Lol, just venting.  I hate when an organization takes a relatively useful GUI and makes it a crap-filled mess.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version