Author Topic: Farming The Clockwork Exodus (Boss instance) on OSI Shards  (Read 31017 times)

Offline roadrunnerTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • roadrunner has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
This tutorial is for those already in possession of the 'keys' and have entered the 'arena'.

we usually use 4 or 5 Mystic spellweavers and having ventrilo, teamspeak, or such is very beneficial. Since Exodus has no slayer everyone having SDI suits/ spellbooks and naturally a 6 power 'circle' to begin.
once in the arena, run down the hill and stop before the 'square' in which Exodus spawns. cast paralyze fields at least 5 rows deep (east to west) and then 'arc emp' (arcane empowerment) and pre-cast a 'RC' (rising colossus) and (only 1 does this, the others have rc's waiting) run forward to spawn Exodus & 'drop' your rc at his feet. then haul ass back thru the waiting para fields :)  we learned that paralyze, mass sleep, sleep are all useless on Exodus but para fields work well. some tried to use energy fields but those not only block your rc but can block you as well and that can be disaster in the making.
ok, you got Exodus spawned, got fields & rc going, but his  lifebar isn't turning red in a great hurry, what's wrong??  well, he's paragon 'coded' and the rc's are merely distractions to keep him off the real players / attackers.  he likes to hit what hits him last so rc's are great to hit him quick right after you unleash an E-bolt, hailstorm, flamestrike, etc.. teamwork is KEY here. while 1 person fields, another makes sure at least 1 rc is up but try to keep 2-3 going at all times, and someone finds which element the Exodus has spawned weak against. some times it's cold, others it's energy, and so on. so you keep the para fields & rc's up, and everyone casts on him with whatever is hitting hardest. IMPORTANT: only use direct damage spells when fields & rc's are up. otherwise you'll end up having to run around, dragging Exodus w/ you.
Now, w/ the spellweavers having a 6 power focus, Word of Death (WoD) can hit for mega damage at 30% life. again, IMPORTANT note: this is where voice chat is super beneficial. you want to coordinate the attack so at least 2 players cast para fields while 2 or 3 are WoD'n him. if the wizards are setup extremely well and have 17-20 mana regen then the ones WoD'n cast 2-3x each and then switch to casting parafields and the fielders switch to WoD. rinse & repeat til he hits the ground :)
if all goes well, this scenario shouldn't take more than 15 minutes, 20 at most. the +5 stat scroll has been awarded to 1-4 players per run using this technique and as many as 6 players have confirmed drops in a single run. we've also noticed that the drops seem more plentiful the faster Exodus is killed. if the run takes more than 30 minutes, only 2-3 players get a drop usually.
i've seen sampires, throwers, tamers, archers, and bards all work this instance but for consistent, quick work of it, this is what we've found works best for everyone to get a drop, or at least a chance at one. if you've got a team where someone is willing to field for a thrower or archer, and doesn't care about a drop, sure, you can work it a little faster. this is not a method for speedy kills or hardest hits. this is for a team to all benefit equally.
as a side note: using this method, doing no more than 3-4 runs per day it took me 10 days to get all 14 of my toons (2 active accts) a +5 stat scroll & a box of the other drops. :)
if anyone has a different method, especially for 1-2 players working it, i'd love to hear it !! :)

PS: for the ever hungry for karma sampires, get a single set of keys, party w/ anyone else in game, and go to a shrine and use your set of keys. you'll get the +12,000 karma gain and not have to do Exodus. yes, necromancers can do it also for the -12,000 karma loss :)

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Farming The Clockwork Exodus (Boss instance) on OSI Shards
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 11:20:04 AM »
Useful information.  Thank you very much.

Offline roadrunnerTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • roadrunner has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 12:51:59 PM »
thank you, my pleasure

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 08:48:36 AM »
Posting pictures for your field placement would be really helpful in a tutorial like this.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline Darkfallplayer

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Darkfallplayer has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 02:48:31 AM »

if anyone has a different method, especially for 1-2 players working it, i'd love to hear it !! :)

These Japaneses guy's seems to know what they're doing..

seems to do it extremely efficient for just 2 man

XNXPw

Just sampires with healing.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 09:33:20 AM by Darkfallplayer »

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 09:45:56 AM »
lots of cross healing going on it sounds like.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2014, 06:50:10 PM »
I've been looking at doing an Exodus for the first time. Does anyone know if this is still a good method? Or is there something better?

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2014, 06:49:15 PM »
LOL youtube video totally a smallscale army
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2014, 06:51:40 PM »
Not seeing the mana/Stamina Vortex's though from the last time I fought him.

*Never mind saw them in the next one
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline Mad Tamer

• Activity:
    0%
  • Mad Tamer has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2014, 07:05:53 PM »
Its done pretty easy with 5 Mystic's summoning RC's as fast as they can... 1 Bushido Archer is nice for damage have them honor it.  If you have 5 mystics always trying to keep a RC up you will beat it pretty quick and with zero deaths. My group of 6 players have done them 5 times in a row with zero deaths. 5 mystic and 1 archer.

Offline Pearls

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Pearls barely matters.Pearls barely matters.
  • Respect: +65
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2014, 01:12:57 AM »
Exodus drops some nice loot after the latest publish.
XII : "My happiness as a married man is directly related to the amount of sex I have which, in turn, requires that I pretend I like these movies every now and then and that it really doesn't bother me when she tells me about her problems but doesn't want me to give her a solution ;) "

Tags: