Author Topic: Brute Force Egg Hunter  (Read 13854 times)

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Brute Force Egg Hunter
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2022, 08:33:48 AM »
Thanks for this Altiric! My first forage into the world of Orion :) Had a couple of setup issues but Ghost helped me get them worked out pretty quickly.

One problem I'm noticing with 2.2 is that it doesn't always seem to pay attention to the backpack count limit I've configured in setup (120 for me) and then gets hung up trying to turn-in the first quest because there is no room in the backpack. Not a big deal for me to hit Pause and move an egg but just thought it was worth reporting.

Also, I'm usually left with a quest "Accept" window at the end of each turn-in round which never goes away until I hit "Accept" manually. Doesn't make for an issue, just odd. Wondering if anyone else has noticed it.

But neither of these things are stopping egg-collection mania! I was doing things mostly manually with a couple of helper EUO scripts and this is blowing that process out of the water!

<edit> Now having a new issue. Every time it does the egg turn-in run when there are enough eggs in the backpack for one more turn-in the script never accepts the quest. It seems that it tries to Accept but it gets a "you must wait to perform another action" message over and over.

XII
« Last Edit: June 16, 2022, 03:29:50 PM by 12TimesOver »
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline bendel

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • bendel has no influence.
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2022, 10:58:50 AM »
very nice script!

if I can recommend something.
add at after line 221

if (Orion.Contains(egg.Properties(), 'Locked Down')){
           Orion.Ignore(egg.Serial());
        }

because some players lock the eggs in theirs house, so the script try to grab it
« Last Edit: June 16, 2022, 11:05:28 AM by bendel »

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2022, 05:26:00 PM »
One problem I'm noticing with 2.2 is that it doesn't always seem to pay attention to the backpack count limit I've configured in setup (120 for me) and then gets hung up trying to turn-in the first quest because there is no room in the backpack. Not a big deal for me to hit Pause and move an egg but just thought it was worth reporting.
So far only seems to be happening when I have the max pack items set to 124. Backed off and it doesn't have the issue.

<edit> Now having a new issue. Every time it does the egg turn-in run when there are enough eggs in the backpack for one more turn-in the script never accepts the quest. It seems that it tries to Accept but it gets a "you must wait to perform another action" message over and over.
More info. Only happened when I had exactly 10 eggs left in my pack which was every round since I had 10 items in my pack to start and set my max pack items to 120.

I'm just barely seeing Orion Java for the first time so I'm a little lost but I think it's here, from the eggTurnin function, and this keeps getting called because of the while loop at line 162:

Code: [Select]
162:     while(Orion.Count(eggTypes, any, backpack) >= 10)

385:     if(eggLeft > 0 && nEggs.length > eggLeft){

The "while" loop resolves to #TRUE since >= 10 is met but then the "if" statement is only using > eggLeft instead of >= so never marks the rest of the eggs as Quest Item but tries to turn them in?

Anywho, it's working perfectly fine now that I switched it to 121 instead of 120 but I haven't tried again with the above change yet.

X

« Last Edit: June 18, 2022, 06:07:31 AM by 12TimesOver »
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline crashtestdummy

• Activity:
    0.6%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • crashtestdummy has no influence.
  • Howdy! :D
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2022, 02:24:43 PM »
Absolutely one of my favorites!!  Thank you so much for the hard work!  Really enjoy just watching this script go!   :)

Offline Diforza

• Restricted
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Diforza has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2023, 06:20:53 AM »
Thank you. Very good script

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2023, 02:12:40 PM »
I bet you will like it even more when you are able to actually download it. I suggest going to the new members section, look at the stickied posts and make a good introduction.

Offline kang

• Restricted
  • Activity:
    0%
  • kang has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2023, 05:46:07 PM »
Ty Sir.

Tags: