Author Topic: "Flyways" in Ter Mur  (Read 9061 times)

Offline SuperslayerTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Superslayer barely matters.Superslayer barely matters.
  • Well what do you drink? Not tea.
  • Respect: +43
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
"Flyways" in Ter Mur
« on: November 05, 2009, 07:06:02 AM »
Here's a little info on where and how to fly over anything in Ter Mur.

First, you must be a gargoyle, and be in flying mode. For scripts, use event macro 60.  Now, just as roads and highways are restrictive to certain places and locations with borders, so is it also in Ter Mur. These "Flyways" as I call them are much like bridges or roads.  They only go to certain locations and at certain points along the flyways, your gargoyle can jump off and proceed about the land, or be restricted onto the flyway due to geographical obstacles, such as mountains, water or void areas.  Should you decide to leave the current flyway, you cannot get back on from where you left. You must return to a 'launch tower' to get back on the flyway.  Below is an image of what I call a "Launch Tower."  These buildings are placed around Ter Mur and serve as 'airports' for gargoyles to enter and exit a flyway.  

Each tower has a set of sparkles that designate the beginning of the flyway. Respective to the UO radar, if a sparkle pair resides on the east wall of the tower, the flyway goes in that direction.  The map below shows Ter Mur with the launch tower locations circled, and the flyways connecting them all.

Additionally, purple circles are the 'passes' where only gargoyles can fly through. Some are water, and some are mountains.

While you are on the flyway, NO monsters can attack you unless a monster is on the launch tower.  One more thing, at the moment you take to the air, EasyUO sees your gargoyle as poisoned. Razor also sees and sets your health bar to orange.  I've attached the Ter Mur map for anyone who wants it, it is rather large, but is a good refrence.

Enjoy!
SS

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
TerMur.jpg
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 12:08:18 PM by Superslayer »

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: "Flyways" in Ter Mur
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 07:42:57 AM »
Thank you for the little info and good write up with pictures.  +1 Karma to the SS Man !!

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 07:52:23 AM »
I had been wondering why those buildings were placed the way they were.  Seemed odd that a building was just there and asked myself "of what purpose" could this building be for.  Deco?  Also, what seemed odd was there was no door to get into the buildings.  I thought perhaps they were 'Healing Stations', as I would often see a Wandering Healer nearby or standing on the Roof.

Thanks for the info SS!  Very informative and instructional...I too shall add to your Karma! 
ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 08:05:44 AM »
Thanks guys, much appreciated ! 

I had thought the same as you Oracle, then I got my race change token and did in my crafter. Ya, the only way is up the side of the steps.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 08:15:27 AM »
Nice nice nice.. ive been wonder what the towers were .. i already marked a book of them... and how to get to that bottom island location .. so doulbe nice for me... good job +1 karma again from me

You missed one tower on your map .. the one north of the island tower in the middle of the spiralling cirlce.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 08:40:37 AM by Endless Night »
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2009, 09:01:59 AM »
Thanks EN, good catch on the missing tower, I'll prob repost a new map with it included at a later time when I also include all the gargoyle passes that only flying can get you to. 

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2009, 03:20:30 PM »
Fantastic.  I, too, wondered why those building didn't have doors.

:)

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2009, 04:44:02 PM »
Thanks for sharing! Very informative!

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2009, 05:20:44 PM »
Your welcome guys !  One of the things I learned well when I was heavy into exploits and such, was to examine stuff, study, watch and probably most importantly, read everything. 

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2009, 10:49:05 AM »
Now if someone can tell us what the buildings are for on the SW side of the Ter Mur Map.  Is it a town placed there for future use?  Is it involved in one or more of the Quests?  Visiting the town, does it have something special for you to purchase or receive?  Is it a base camp for the enemies of the Queen plotting to over throw her Monarchy?

ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline cgeorgemo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • cgeorgemo has no influence.
  • I'm Brian...cgeorgemo is Curious George Missouri
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2009, 01:07:54 PM »
Now if someone can tell us what the buildings are for on the SW side of the Ter Mur Map.  Is it a town placed there for future use?  Is it involved in one or more of the Quests?  Visiting the town, does it have something special for you to purchase or receive?  Is it a base camp for the enemies of the Queen plotting to over throw her Monarchy?

Oh that's just my little vacation resort. Nothing to see here.....move along.
Sarcasm is your body's natural defense against stupidity.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2009, 09:36:45 AM »
Edit: uploaded new map with missing 'launch tower' that Endless Night found. Circled in purple area where gargoyles can fly through terrain.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2009, 05:10:17 PM »
Nice SS .. very nice.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2009, 12:10:37 PM »
Thanks EN, I just uploaded the new map for download,..forgot to change it when I posted the new one that you had pointed out was missing a 'launch tower'.

Tags: