Author Topic: Semi-Unattended Fishing Training to 85 or higher  (Read 13434 times)

Offline seeriuslyTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • seeriusly has no influence.
  • Respect: +40
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Semi-Unattended Fishing Training to 85 or higher
« on: November 20, 2010, 10:04:35 AM »
  Without a script that works decent right now, and with the pain of the High Seas booster making the old fish not stack anymore...  I have taken a different approach on training another fisher.  This may work for you, it may not.  It works for me pretty fast until about 85.0, just thought I'd share.  I train it on another pc, so it doesn't interfere with my other extra curricular activities.

1)  I started with 30 or so fishing trained from a fisher, located near docks.
2)  Get a fishing pole (insured) and a cheapo LRC suit (insured)
3)  Get a "Crystal Ball of Knowledge" from a vendor or do the easy Quest described here http://www.uoguide.com/A_Mystic%27s_Journey
4)  Make sure there isn't anything in your backpack that you don't want to lose,  (The crystal ball is blessed so you wont lose that.) Because when I fill up full of fish, I just poison and fireball myself so I don't have to unload fish.  Make sure suit is insured and fishing pole is too or it will just make you dig through tons of fish, or have to waste time getting another. The healers are just north west of where I will be fishing anyhow.
5)  get UOloop.exe , you can get it many places, google it.
6)  Make a UO macro for:
Last object
wait for target
target last
-set your macro key to one that can be used with uoloop, and set delay 8000
7)  Mosey on down to Buc's Den Docks
9)  With the crystal ball activated, it will tell you when gains are "too easy" "easy" "optimal" "difficult" and so forth.  You will want to start close to shore on the docks.  Where the crystal ball tells you "fishing difficulty: optimal".  As you fish there at an "optimal" location, it will become "easy" once you gain enough skill.  Just stop loop, and refish further to the east, away from shore a couple tiles, until it tells you it's "optimal" again.  You will gain when "fish aren't biting" also so just stay put until you are filled full of fish or the ball says "fishing difficulty: easy".  Run to the west, kill your character, res at healers that are right there... then go back and continue fishing.  It gives you about an hour or more until you fill up.  Once you have reached 85 skill, you will just have to gain when ball says "easy"

This may seem like a bogus way for some of you, but it gets 'r done!  8)

Hope this can be useful to someone. I have gm'd 2 chars here like this with little effort.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 11:12:53 AM by seeriusly »

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Semi-Unattended Fishing Training to 85 or higher
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 02:21:17 PM »
Well - I guess you burn up a lot of insurance money. But I really appreciate learning about the crystal ball.

Offline seeriuslyTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • seeriusly has no influence.
  • Respect: +40
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 02:24:12 PM »
Well - I guess you burn up a lot of insurance money. But I really appreciate learning about the crystal ball.

Spent about 20-30k @ 2300 per death. I'm at 90.1 skill right now.  Small price to pay for having to do very little work.

And yes, the crystal ball is a great tool for training any skill.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 02:46:47 PM »
Thanks for the heads up - I am oplaying with it now.

Offline Queen of the South

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Queen of the South has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 08:07:48 AM »
Thanks to op for the useful info especially the crystal ball which i knew nothing about since ive been on a uo break, wonderful item for speeding up training. However I get rid of the fish in an alternative way by utilising uo assist organiser agent . I add the fish to my chosen container organiser list and have a macro set up to fill it. Once overloaded just dump the container and use another empty one
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 08:16:41 AM by Queen of the South »

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 02:37:11 PM »
Ooh! I didn't realize there was a neat crystal ball like this! Finally they make a useful crystal ball! Thank you for this :D

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Offline ilikefire

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • ilikefire has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2011, 05:11:34 PM »
It works for all skills, you want to stay in the optimal  range.

Offline Tarpan

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Tarpan has no influence.
  • Respect: +18
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2011, 11:02:16 AM »
Are there any areas that come up as optimal in the low 30s skill level? I'm not finding any at the Bucs docks or shoreline, but gaining well enough on challenging.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2011, 11:51:30 AM »
You can work the server lines from a boat and be able to fish in 4 directions.  I never fish from the shore.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2011, 12:21:17 PM »
i will get my fishing script submitted soonish to help in this area.  I just need to make a non hardcode version for folks to plug and play.  right now it is hardcode based to fish out every single spot in reach.  That is really not nessessary but i like it better that way

Offline Tarpan

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Tarpan has no influence.
  • Respect: +18
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2011, 08:03:44 PM »
I've noticed that at about 60 fishing I'm getting mostly special fish instead of regular fish. The special High Seas fish stack and are a lot heavier then normal fishes. They also drop to your feet once you go overweight, so you could theoretically use this method 100% unattended on a boat or something. On a dock I'd imagine it would be a bad idea to go AFK with a mountain of fish at your feet. People might catch on! ;)

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2011, 10:34:15 AM »
wow nice info .. didnt know about the crystal ball .. very usefull thanks.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2011, 11:16:43 AM »
Can't you just add a step to your macro to use a blade on any fish in your pack? Fish steaks are still stackable, right? Sure is better than dying; although 20-30k is certainly no biggie having to res up, etc can get annoying fast!

X

When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2011, 11:58:16 AM »
Can't you just add a step to your macro to use a blade on any fish in your pack? Fish steaks are still stackable, right? Sure is better than dying; although 20-30k is certainly no biggie having to res up, etc can get annoying fast!

X

Actually no - the old fish when cut up one by one create one fish steak that does not stack.
(unless it has been fixed)
Use the C2 Crabber to train!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2011, 12:46:59 PM »

X

Actually no - the old fish when cut up one by one create one fish steak that does not stack.
(unless it has been fixed)
Use the C2 Crabber to train!

Ouch! Had no idea, that's nuts!

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Tags: