Author Topic: Soloing Travesty in 20 minutes or less ( a walkthrough)!!!!  (Read 25918 times)

Offline Pirate RobertsTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Pirate Roberts has no influence.
  • Respect: +4
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Soloing Travesty in 20 minutes or less ( a walkthrough)!!!!
« on: February 18, 2009, 05:08:31 PM »
Yep, it's me, the real me, not the fake me.  I just got turned on to this board and I'm amazed.  I wish I knew how to write these things, but as a true pyrate, I'll gladly loot the hard work that you have toiled over.  Thanks in advance for your contribution to my game play.

So it was suggested that I post my tips and techinques for travesty solo.

Template
120 Mage
120 Music
120 Discordance (yep)
120 Animal Taming
120 Animal Lore
120 Spellweaving

Suit
Faction items
RBC
Orny
Crystalline Ring
Wizard Crystal Glasses
Non Faction Items
Pendant of Magi
Stitchers
Spellwoven
Totem of the Void
Sandals :D

I also carry:
Midnight Bracers
Boomstick/vesper shield
Janna's staff
Necro mark
Ossian Grimsmore
Bloodwood spirit
Invasion spellbook with 30 SDI

The fight:

I honor myself to enter the dungeon with my greater dragon, i stick the dragon on the travesty and run away.  From the context menu I tell the dragon to kill and follow travesty (frequenly).  I walk one step towards my dragon and cast heal ( I am too far away to target.  I walk a step closer until I can just reach the dragon with the spell.  It is very important to keep the dragon between yourself and travesty so the travesty is one step further away from you.  Once you are in the spot where you can effectively cast greater heal on your dragon, start casting wild fire.  I put on my goodies to go into wraith form, and leave the bracers and the bloodwood spirit on so I can maintain wraith form and have the +10 SS bonus from the bloodwood spirit.  The wild fire leeches back your mana, and once travesty is in Word of Death range, you can spam it because the +10 SS leeches back all of the mana that the spell costs.  This is a very nice technique for any champ, peerless or doom boss you may cross, it really speeds things up.  Once travesty is at her point of spawning her minions, I honor myself again, cast gift of renewal on my dragon and make sure I have gift of life up just in case things go south.  A few more WoD and it's time to loot, just remember to keep your distance from travesty. 

Gaining Honor on Tamer:
Swoop (Twisted Weald)
Balrons (Blood Dungeon) have fun with paragons
Succubus (Blood Dungeon)
Thrasher (Blighted Grove) these guys are really good

I always try to keep at least two ticks of Follower, just for the longer lasting Honor Embrace.

Consider this my contribution to all of you land lovers, now go away!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 07:54:06 AM by Pirate Roberts »

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Soloing Travesty in 20 minutes or less ( a walkthrough)!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 07:29:14 PM »
Real Pirates wear boots! ;)

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 08:13:29 PM »
We here in California wear Tivas.  Arrrr.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline lucidpsimc

• Activity:
    0%
  • lucidpsimc has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 09:40:55 AM »
Thanks for sharing your technique! Do you actually DISCO Trav or just happen to have that on your character?

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 08:54:00 PM »
Thanks for sharing your technique! Do you actually DISCO Trav or just happen to have that on your character?

I do disco travesty, I guess it helps, not really sure, never done without it.  I'll try and remember to lore her before and after disco, stand by for report.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 09:02:19 PM »
I took screenshots of Dreadhorn before and after discordance and it was maybe a 1% difference in resists and hardly anything in the skills. So from my experience having discordance on character in a battle with peerless is pretty much a waste of skill points but I'm sure it does come in handy in the key gather department.

Discordance with Champion Bosses however has proven to be very useful. :)

But I'd be eager to see if you notice any tangilble benefits when disco'ing Travesty.

Offline lucidpsimc

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009, 08:26:29 AM »
Ahh yes thats right, I heard that Disco doesn't work too well on peerless.

Thanks for the update, hopefully I can soulstone SW onto my tamer and give this a try this weekend.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2009, 04:47:34 PM »
I took screenshots of Dreadhorn before and after discordance and it was maybe a 1% difference in resists and hardly anything in the skills. So from my experience having discordance on character in a battle with peerless is pretty much a waste of skill points but I'm sure it does come in handy in the key gather department.

Discordance with Champion Bosses however has proven to be very useful. :)

But I'd be eager to see if you notice any tangilble benefits when disco'ing Travesty.

The only thing I can tell you from memory is travesty drops from 160 barding difficulty to 155.  I'll do one with and one without and record the time.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2009, 08:56:10 AM »
My most recent trips to travesty have bestowed me with some new knowledge that I will impart to you all.  First off, embracing honor to enter her realm is worthless, however it is very useful at the end when she spawns her minions.  I now run in the room and tell my GD to stay at the western side of the room, then I run north and invis until she targets him, then I make a very wide loop around until I can target my dragon and travesty from a distance. 

Travesty Before/After Disco Stats, Resists, Skills
STR 939/939
DEX 909/909
INT 906/906

Resists
PHY 66/59
FIR 58/51
COL 56/49
POI 54/47
ENE 59/52
roughly 12% decrease

Skills
WRES 119/110.7
TACT 117.4/109.2
RESI 102.3/95.2
ANAT 112.7/104.9
roughly 7% decrease

The fight lasted under 20 minutes, and I am not willing to run it without disco at this time to find out if it is indeed faster with or without disco.  Based on the current numbers posted, evidence would suggest that it is faster with disco.

Offline lucidpsimc

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2009, 11:54:23 AM »
GREAT! Thanks for the update Roberts.

It's been a while since I ran Trav but you are saying you can be XX tiles off screen and still be in disco range and wildfire without her targeting you and turning into you? Because if she turns into you she can disco the pet.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2009, 02:19:01 PM »
GREAT! Thanks for the update Roberts.

It's been a while since I ran Trav but you are saying you can be XX tiles off screen and still be in disco range and wildfire without her targeting you and turning into you? Because if she turns into you she can disco the pet.

Yes, I believe it is exactly 9 tiles.  The way I guage it is, keep my dragon in between trav and myself, and once I'm close enough to cast greater heal on my dragon I take one step closer and I'm in range to target travesty.  I've also had it suggested recently that it may be even quicker to run with an archer/tamer and use one of the elven bows and it would be perfect range.  I figure if it isn't broke don't fix it.  With the leeching ability I have from wraith form, the only other thing I can think to try is eval/med instead of my music/disco set up and spam flamestrike, although, I'll probably save that one for lady melisande.  Stand by for my walkthru on Lady Melisande with this template, it's easy, but you need a backup healer.

Offline lucidpsimc

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2009, 04:19:00 AM »
Haha thanks. This kind of surprises me because I've done Trav in groups and and we all try and stay a decent ways away and she ends up morphing and turning into us. But I will definitely give this a shot! Just need to put SW on a tamer :)

Also with Lady Mel I'm not so sure it would work quite as good. I've solod her by myself (multiple accounts) before and it was a bitch.

I had 2 accounts (old macro accounts :P)
100 Macing
100 Tact
100 Anat
100 Heal
100 Parry
100 Resist
100 Ninja

Each char in dog form (33+- HPR) with full darkwood suit on (12HPR) and xhealing each other. Then I had my necro weaver as my playable character.

They were basically unkillable fodder while I dumped on her. It took forever though when she gets to that point where she sucks the life out of you. I brough a luck suit and kept trying to switch into that for WoD range but I wouldn't leech enough mana in wraith form from it and it wouldnt cast fast enough to get her before she kept summoning *bleep* that I would then have to kill lol.

So its definitely doable but I'm not so sure its 20 min like trav, took about an hour or so doing the above.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2009, 10:06:11 PM »
2 Dexxers could probably take her down in less than 20 minutes. I know with Four accounts You can kick her around in under 8 minutes (ninjas included).

Fastest Way with a group Is to
Have all Melee In wraith form
All Melee with area Weapons
Honor it with your bush guy (Obviously),
Lure it in between a pole and A Wall.

Now, the beauty is that you can stand on the other side of the pole and she will never turn into you. You can summon all the ev's you want/bless/cure/heal your melee guys without having the travesty running around. THIS includes Disco. Just step out, attempt discord instantly step back. If it succeeds she is discorded and so long as you are on the other side of the pole she never steals the ability from you.

Try not to Use Bleed Weapons/Mortal Weapons
Also Steals AI, Concussion, Crushing but I don't view those as as big of a threat.
Lightning strike doesn't do any extra damage, but it does increase your hci, so it can be nice :).
Trick is to Always Have Consecrate/Enemy of One going so you do max damage.

Best support for the dexxers is a Tamer With a runebeetle and mare/bake. Runebeetle lowers the resists and increases the damage alot! 

Fastest I've Ever done it was with 3 Dexxers and a Tamer, was about 5 minutes. Beat it so Fast we killed the spawn, looted it, went back in and waited at the table for a minute for the Key to go way.......

With the right scripts you can run this on your own   ::)
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2009, 03:40:53 PM »
2 Days ago I walked into 2 Chief Paroxysmus at the same time and ended up fighting them both with hardly any problems. Afterwards I felt invincible....

Today I goto the Citadel to attempt and solo the Travesty on what I thought was my almighty Whammy. I got my headed handed like 3 times going after the first key by the Order of Assassins guys. The clobbered me. :-[

I couldn't leech anything off those guys. Mana or Life even while spamming consecrate.

I wanted to test my Whammy one on one against Travesty to see how I would hold up. Gonna lick my wounds then go back at it....

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2009, 05:01:15 PM »
Okay, the first room (Blue Key)

There is a two Tile wide area. That is where you want to Fight them. They have insane Hci, and I'm Pretty sure they even lower your DCI. Best strategy. Disarm them, and fight them in that short little hallway so only two can hit you at a time.

Second Room: (Yellow Key)
You can Disarm everything Except the Ninja (He just rearms a diff weapon)
Best place to stand: Top Right Corner inbetween the barrel and the bookcase. Only Two things can hit you.
Kill the Executioner Last
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Tags: