Author Topic: Soloing Travesty in 20 minutes or less ( a walkthrough)!!!!  (Read 25964 times)

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Soloing Travesty in 20 minutes or less ( a walkthrough)!!!!
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2009, 05:13:43 PM »
Third Room: (Orange Key)

I normally Do it with Two accounts with Dexxers.......

But, if you don't have those means. One Bushido Guy in wraith form chugging pots and using a radiant scimitar could probably pull it off. Just kill off the first little rooms spawn. then make your way down to the end of the Little hallway and stop right before you get to the room where the Grand Mage Spawns. Wait there and kill the spawn UNTIL No more spawn comes after you (This means everything has spawned far enough away that you won't have to deal with it when you fight the spawn that pops in the last room).

Then Move up, Pwn Face Whirlwind, Chug Cure and Bandi like there is no tomorrow.

Stealth Tamer is what Most people use for this room though. *NUBS*
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline Coragin

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
  • Respect: +57
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2009, 01:25:53 AM »
So, I am assuming, since wild fire works and its an AE spell...

1. Travisty dont dispel it?
2. Explosion pots would work as well right?  Same thing really, just dont have a much built into SW.

Cause if I could free up 100 or so points, add more to SS, seems it would make a difference tossing potions when your low on mana and get more back due to SS level.
Coragin

My Facebook
And now I'm better at doing what ever it is Wolverine does!

Offline Pirate RobertsTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Pirate Roberts has no influence.
  • Respect: +4
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2009, 07:39:01 AM »
So, I am assuming, since wild fire works and its an AE spell...

1. Travisty dont dispel it?
2. Explosion pots would work as well right?  Same thing really, just dont have a much built into SW.

Cause if I could free up 100 or so points, add more to SS, seems it would make a difference tossing potions when your low on mana and get more back due to SS level.

I've tossed the pots, with EP maxed out... didn't do much damage at all.  The wildfire is a mass effect spell, and trav doesn't dispell it.

Offline captainsparrow1882

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • captainsparrow1882 has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2009, 02:25:11 AM »
It looks like they have adjusted travesty's "change target" range. I still got attacked today although I was standing 10-11 tiles behind my drag (cast range). Can anyone confirm?

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2009, 02:36:22 PM »
Lure it to where it Is stuck in on one side of a Pole with your dragon attacking it from the side, (You standing on the Opposite Side of the Pole), From there you can Bandi your pet, Gheal it, and just have to be very careful if you have disco.

To disco just step out for a very brief second, if it flags invis, and quickly try to reposition yourself on an opposite side of the pole.

Would take some practice getting it wedged in there. If you Were Really Clever you would throw a bag ball ontop of where you wanted it to stand (Assuming you could lure it there), and then Its mirror images would spawn 1 Tile away from it and you could drop a fire field there without making it flag on you and get rid of all its pesky mirror images :)

Dragon
You |Pole| Travesty |Wall|
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Scrripty

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2009, 07:06:41 AM »
I went in and tried this yesterday solo on my necro/samurai with wraith form.  I was GOING to use a second account, but I got a couple people to come with.  One was a bard/tamer(mistake) and the other was a tamer/stealth/mage.

The good:  A wraith form warrior is completely capable of getting the keys solo.  Matter of fact, it was very easy imho.  I was never really in fear for life at all while collecting the keys.  Disarm/whirlwind is your friend.  For ease of use, I used my pvm script set to primary ability for specials, and used a use best weapon war cleaver for disarm, and a really nice fast radiant schim for whirlwind.  The nice thing about this combo is the specials you need are both primary, so you just hit your last weapon key and you're off to the races with my pvm script. :)  Disarm everything, then whirlwind without changing any options. :)  I also learned I need to add a weapon switch feature to my script that recasts Curse Weapon if it's selected for you.  Switching weapons with Curse Weapon makes the spell inactive and you need to recast it for it to work with the switched weapon... will add that feature to my pvm script just for doing mobs/peerless. :)  Cleaning out the rooms was a non issue as I have some mad honor.  Honor is your friend, you need it.

The bad:  Travesty can be a pain.  Leeching is minimal.  Hitting her with no hit chance and lower defense is a bitch.  Not sure if she took my parry or not, but I'm guessing she did because I was having a hard time hitting her.  Going in with parry might be a bad idea.  But it helped a TON when she spawned her ninja minions to help her.  I was fighting Travesty and about 8 of her guys with no problem when she spawned them.  Was fairly easy with disarm weapon.  YOU MUST KILL HER MIRROR IMAGES.  They can make or break the whole solo thing.  Whirlwind is great for this, but you must kill them constantly.  So two accounts is GREAT for this.  One killing the images and the other concentrating on healing/damaging travesty.  Or some combo of that.  Once I GOT her to the spawn point tho, the advice in this thread is CORRECT!  STAY ON HER WHEN THEY SPAWN.  If you let her heal up, you're screwed. :)  Once I got her low, she seemed to miraculously regen health too.  Not sure how she managed that, but she'd go from 100 hp's to 700 hps in no time flat.  You have to have a NICE FAST weapon and do some decent damage.  Hitting is mandatory.  Hit lower defense and hit lower attack are mandatory here IMHO.  With as much hit chance as you can get.  Without sacrificing defense tho.  Stam leech is very important also.  Hitting hard and fast is very important here.  Honor is a MUST.

In closing:  Travesty is VERY soloable, but I highly recommend a second account AT LEAST to do it.  There were times where I was scared.  I died once, but that was the noob bard's fault who left halfway through because I was bitching at him to get off Travesty because I told him not to bring a bard at the beginning.  I got discorded with tons of spawn on me.  Down I went.  Twinkle McNugget was angry. :)  No bards.  The necro part wasn't an issue... I had necro on my guy and it didn't seem to be a problem really.  Spellweaving and bard would be VERY bad in there.  Dont bring those chars for sure.  Other than that, she's a walk in the park takes a while if you can't damage the hell out of her tho.  Have fun! :)

Addendum:  COME PREPARED.  For the fight with Travesty, BRING POTS AND LOTS OF WHAT YOU NEED.  I used a good 400 pig iron doing the whole thing, had 80 left when I was done.  Pots would have made her SO much easier for me, but I did it like I would do anything else, as cheap as possible.  If I was being serious and brought pots/petals, it would have been easier and went a lot faster.  They are ESPECIALLY helpfull when she spawns her friends to fight.  STAY ON HER AND DRINK POTS LIKE MAD. :)  Apples too!  Don't forget apples!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 07:10:56 AM by Scripty »

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2009, 09:42:55 AM »
Aww, be nice to the bards.  Still my favorite to play.  :)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Superslayer

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Superslayer barely matters.Superslayer barely matters.
  • Well what do you drink? Not tea.
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2009, 01:17:39 PM »

Ditto, my Bard/tamer/mage was my first 'complete' toon, still love him and his old pets.

Scrripty

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2009, 01:25:49 PM »

Ditto, my Bard/tamer/mage was my first 'complete' toon, still love him and his old pets.

I wasn't being mean guys, just sayin it like it is.  Getting discorded when you have 4 ninjas and 4 mages on you plus Travesty isn't the optimal way to pvm... :)  Especially when I said DONT BRING A BARD at the beginning.  I'd have been happy if I had an EXPERIENCED bard. :)  He almost made it impossible cause he wouldn't listen.  When he left it went smooth as silk.  Just a little slow.  If you bring a bard, have them discord and DO NOT let Travesty turn into the bard.  It makes it harder for sure.  A good pvm dexer can live through it, but it's no fun for sure.  And telling an inexperienced player 10 times to back off and not having them listen gets ANNOYING. :)

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2009, 05:32:08 AM »
WOW~! Scriptuo Players Get together and Do Travesties Together!!! AWESOME!!!!!! Anyone on Baja!?!?!?!
Monkeys and Typewriters!

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2011, 11:58:48 AM »
This guy stones off Disco and Magery, then gets Travesty to morph into him... then he leaves and puts Disco and Magery back onto his char.

I'm guessing that once Travesty morphs into you and gets all your skills, after that he always uses the same skills as the first time?

XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Outlaw Josey Wales

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Outlaw Josey Wales has no influence.
  • Respect: +59
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2011, 02:13:28 PM »
nice wright up ill have to try it

Tags: