Author Topic: Runic Hammer Consolidator  (Read 7285 times)

Offline PauloniusTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Runic Hammer Consolidator
« on: September 01, 2012, 11:07:41 AM »
This is a relatively simple script I put together to save on storage space by consolidating low end runic hammers. The script will work through a container and consolidate all of the dull copper and shadow hammers. It will ignore any other items in the container. If there is an odd number of either hammer type, the extra hammer goes back in the source container. I may update the script to deal with other hammers and non-hammer runics if there is interest.

Enjoy...

Code: [Select]
;=====================================================================
; Script Name:   Runic Hammer Consolidator
; Version: 0.10 BETA
; Author: Paulonius
; Client Tested with:
; EUO version tested with:
; Shard OSI / FS: OSI
; Initial Release Date:  09/01/2012
; Revision Date: N/A
; Global Variables Used: N/A
; Dependencies:  N/A
;----------------------------------------------------------------------
; Purpose: Combines Dull Copper and Shadow Iron Runic Hammers
;======================================================================
; To Do List
; 1. Consider other runic types (higher end hammers and non hammers)
; 2. Results Tracking
; 3. Safeguards:
;        A. Need to add a check for when you feed it runics that
;           have already been consolidated.
;        B. Need to add a full backpack check
; Initial Setup
; 1. Just need to have a bag of dull and shadow hammers. Can be mixed up
; Instructions:
; 1. Position yourself with reach of a soulforge and your secures
; 2. Toon should have imbue skill, but I have not checked to confirm

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
Runic Consolidator.txt
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Runic Hammer Consolidator
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 06:02:09 PM »
Of course, you could have just used the one I coded a few months ago :P

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 07:24:55 PM »
Hey...I appreciate Paul's perfection in timing just after i bought about 100 low end runics.  Here i was thinking i would have to write something & it appears....

Offline D

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • D has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 01:14:20 AM »
LOL i thought this would be a great first script for me so i started on last week, working out what i needed, managed to get it to open a conatiner and search for hammers lol, it will be good to see what youve done and see if i could of have done it :) thanks for the script as i needed it as i have loads of hammers :)

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 04:18:18 AM »
I didn't realize there was one NB, I guess I should have looked! 
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

-Mario Andretti

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Canuker has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 06:37:17 PM »
Thanks for sharing this.  I've just done a pile of bods and are stuck with a ton of hammers.
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2012, 02:24:44 PM »
Script Approved and moved to script library .  
 Another great script thank you.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2012, 02:59:12 PM »
How would I go about getting permission to and where would I add a few extra lines to look for other hammers/kits?
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2012, 05:51:19 AM »
IMHO if it's for your own use and you plan to keep it private you should always feel free to play with a script to adapt it to your goals -- that's how you improve your scripting skills.

If you wanted permission to republish someone else's script with your modifications TM has some rules around that, and some people can get sensitive -- pride of authorship and such. I try to welcome feedback on pretty much anything I do and don't feel particularly touchy about your taking a cut at improving of expanding on one of my scripts as long as you give credit and do that in the thread where I published it originally. Most people are cool with that sort of thing as long as you are adding to their original publish thread.

That may be a more generalized response than you were looking for, but figured I would put it out there.

Responsive to your specific question, this is a pretty simple script and I am happy to have you play with it. I used a series of checks on the property parse I used to pull the hammers paired with "GoTo" commands that restart the process for each hammer type. I used item property instead of item types so that it would not take much to add other runic types -- although using item types would eliminate the need for some safegaurds. You could simply add to this series of property checks (below) to get the script consolidating more hammers or other runics. If this script is expanded to deal with other runic types this process ought to be reconsidered. As written the script looks at every item in the container for the property it is considering in sequence, which is not very efficient for the properties later in the que. Adding more will mean a slow start up.

I left the question of adding more runic types unresolved while I considered the best process for consolidating runics with fewer charges because of a couple of considerations, but primarily the limit of 100 uses on the consolidated runic. This script will only consolidate one runic with another and put the resulting runic in another container as written, and it doesn't optimize to the maximum 100. I was not sure that was worth doing and figured I would play with the script for a while before deciding. I stopped at copper hammers as a first cut because bronze is the first hammer that looked to me like optimizing might be worth doing. I only set up this script to combine two hammers. Optimizing and more than two hammers would require some significant changes.

That was my thought process, which I share thinking it might help if you decide you want to work on this script. NoBama has a more developed script doing the same thing that I think includes optimization and has menus, so its not a huge need. Regardless, I think there is value in looking at different ways to do things. If you want to make this script work through a bag of higher end hammers, combining two into one, just add the hammer type to the series below. If you want to go in another direction with it have at it. Happy to help if I can. Some issues to be aware: script has no check to make sure you can combine the hammers (i.e. a check for max uses), no full container, overweight checks and safeguards for random items in the source bag that have the same names as runics.

The real reason I wrote this was that I constantly toy with an unpublished script for moving items from one container to another trying to refine my understanding/scripting of that process. The property check and move process in this script is from that script and I think I left some noise code in this when I posted it.

Code: [Select]
If %NecessaryProperty = Dull
   {
   Set %NecessaryProperty Shadow
   Goto Start_Consolidation
   }
If %NecessaryProperty = Shadow
   {
   Set %NecessaryProperty Copper
   Goto Start_Consolidation
   }
If %NecessaryProperty = Copper
   {
   Set %NecessaryProperty Bronze
   Goto Start_Consolidation
   }
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 06:02:24 AM by Paulonius »

-Mario Andretti

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2012, 11:13:57 AM »
Thanks for the reply, I actually looked hard at the script last night and did those changed as you mentioned myself.  I just wasn't to sure if adding a line to this page with that info was ok or not, I thought it would be ok but best to ask first.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2012, 06:02:40 AM »
Feel free to post any modification you make and feel like sharing. Just drop it in the thread.

-Mario Andretti

Tags: