Author Topic: Need advise from anyone that knows much about dc power  (Read 1808 times)

Offline KhameleonTopic starter

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Need advise from anyone that knows much about dc power
« on: December 02, 2012, 06:50:24 AM »
I bought this Christmas tree Topper from amazon, I didn't realize it was Battery Operated (Two Double AA Batteries) I'm not going to climb the tree every day to turn the hat on, and I'm sure if I just leave it on it won't last very long....
My question to the Community is could I just strip the Battery adapter off and connect the wires to the preexisting lights on the tree so they all run off the same power supply? 

the tree is not LED lights, and the Tree Topper I'm not sure if its LED or Normal Lights...

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Need advise from anyone that knows much about dc power
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 04:34:38 PM »
This would not be a good thing. Most tree lights are actually AC power at 120VAC and you are mentioning connecting this DC powered item (that is problably 3VDC) to 120VAC. You could burn down your house, but best case only burn up the DC powed light (star?) at top of tree. Now you have the option to power it from a AC to DC wall adapter at the same volatage but will need some experience working with powered wiring to patch this in. If you want to post up pictures of the items and what you want to do along with voltages and details of everything. I will be glad to help you with this. This is my area were I feel comfortable and enjoy. When we talk electronics :)

Tags: