Author Topic: ScriptUO - euox/oeuo  (Read 2134 times)

Offline KaliOfLSTopic starter

• That's "Dr." Kali to you!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • KaliOfLS has no influence.
  • Respect: +33
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
ScriptUO - euox/oeuo
« on: December 11, 2012, 10:26:20 AM »
Hi Everybody!

I've tooled around here on the boards a bit. 
From what I can tell scriptUO is easyUO with added functionality?  I'm still trying to get my orientation here on these boards.  Is there some documentation wiki? 

Also, I noticed the openEUO forum.  Does script UO use lua scripts or is there a version of it that does? 
I've moved far into openEUO scripting as opposed to easyUO. 

I hope I draw no parallel's or assumptions here that offend anyone.
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 
^ real life signature for sure

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: ScriptUO - euox/oeuo
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 10:30:54 AM »
Scriptuo at present time is an Easyuo script editor with some very nice syntax tools.    We support and discuss all programs that work with UO on these boards... people jump in and out of discussions as they see fit.  Most people still use Easyuo... as it seems to be simpler for non-programmers... and people have establish code banks.. or dont have time to learn new stuff.

Personally myself I dove into lua/openeuo alot... but the menu threading was never fully finished and so i stopped before full switching....

If you like openEUO  check out my modifyed GUI both here and euo
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    1.4%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 12:02:21 PM »
It does not run scripts at the moment - it is just a nice editor and syntax checker.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 01:46:12 PM »
My original intention was to work SUO into an EUO replacement.  I found that I could write a pretty nice and usable interface and editor, but I didn't have the technical knowledge to tackle the client interface portion completely.  I had a working engine that worked much like EUO originally did (when it didn't have any packet communication), so I could see the character attributes, world position (even unencrypted passwords kept in memory).  The packet stuff stumped me however.  Finally, my time in UO started to wane and my drive to complete the project diminished. 

But SUO did turn into a really nice editor; whenever I do any script modifications I HAVE to use it.  (since it's basically tailored to MY ideal development system)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: