Author Topic: BOD Collector  (Read 2738 times)

Offline KaliOfLSTopic starter

• That's "Dr." Kali to you!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • KaliOfLS has no influence.
  • Respect: +33
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
BOD Collector
« on: January 16, 2013, 07:09:49 PM »
I've tossed together a bod collector for oEUO.

It will log into any number of accounts, shards, and characters, collect tailor and smith bods.
For those of you that collect bods, what is the preferred method?  Right now, I have all my characters parked in luna, upstairs.  He runs out, grabs bods from both, then runs back into corner to insta-log. 
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 
^ real life signature for sure

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: BOD Collector
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 08:04:33 PM »
you don't need to run out. Just log yourself out in the southeast corner. It acts like the inn. I have yet to see a shard where you can't reach both the tailor and the smith from there.

If you really want it to be Utilized, you would need to put it in a Very user Friendly Sub/Function form for the user to insert into their own code. I don't know very much about OEUO, but in EUO it would look something like. 

Gosub Farm_Bods (Account) (Password) (N Shards to Farm) (Shard1) (Shard2) (Shard3) (Shard4) (Shard5)

Maybe even the Ability to Specify which characters to farm them on for each shard... that seems a bit Much though.

Gosub Farm_Bods (Account) (Password) (N Shards to Farm) (Shard1) (String for Characters to Farm "1367") (Shard2) (1234567)

Then when it comes time To actually Decide what Characters you are Farming bods on, you just do a Check for the Char# in the String Before Logging them on. Genius!
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 08:23:22 PM »
I have this at the top:

Code: [Select]
local Accounts = { 'Account1', 'Account2' }
local Passwords = { ['Account1'] = 'Password', ['Account2'] = 'abcd' }
local Shards = { ['Account1'] = { 1 , ... }, ['Account2'] = { 1, ... } }
local Chars = { ['Account1'] = { [1] = { 1,2,3,4 } }, ['Account2'] = { [1] = { 2,3,4 } } }

Ultimately, for the general user, I'd make a menu setup so users didn't have to figure out how tables work in openEUO.
Then they just press play. 
I didn't know you didn't have to move,  didn't even try without moving out from that corner. I was thinking about a generic recall in, use the vendors, move to corner and log out so users didn't have to worry bout the location of the characters before pressing play.  Use getskill to determine chiv or recall travel.
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 08:43:42 PM »
Meh, That's way too much work. I would just make it mandatory to have the toons at the Location if they were to farm the bods. If it wasn't in that location, it would assume it wasn't at an inn and extend the logout by 5 Minutes and move on. Think more about Stability than about Convenience.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 08:46:30 PM »
that's a pretty good idea.  Their own fault if they logged in a funny location, like invised themselves at navery :D hahaha. 

I mean it still saves a boat load of time even if you do have to wait a 5 minute log out.  You can press play and walk away for 20 minutes.
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2013, 06:54:32 AM »
Kali,   C2's have made a solid one for Easy UO,  in case you didn't know about it.  Looking fwd to try this one. 

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 08:08:52 AM »
es justo lo que andaba buscando :)

English only please.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Tags: