Author Topic: Exevent Dropc Problems  (Read 7800 times)

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Exevent Dropc Problems
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2013, 09:33:34 AM »
that's a good bit of information to know.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2013, 10:05:23 AM »

Yeah I'll 2nd that!  I can't imagine how many times my looting sub has hiccuped on me because another script was trying to determine if a blue character was an actual player or NPC !

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2013, 07:24:59 AM »

Yeah I'll 2nd that!  I can't imagine how many times my looting sub has hiccuped on me because another script was trying to determine if a blue character was an actual player or NPC !

It is funny that you mention this. I am trying to write in a sub that will sort between a player and an NPC. How did you do this?

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2013, 08:19:04 AM »

It is funny that you mention this. I am trying to write in a sub that will sort between a player and an NPC. How did you do this?

might be showing my ignorance here.. but findrep ?
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."

Offline manwincTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2013, 08:41:17 AM »
No, both a blue NPC and a Blue Player both return the Same #Findrep. The easiest Method is by doing Exevent Popup on the Character and Comparing the Contsize.

Thats the Easy way. Then if it Recognizes the Contsize as a Player, it can doubel check by opening the paperdoll and looking for Imbued Properties etc.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2013, 09:00:20 AM »
Thank you both. I was thinking about findrep but knew that it returned the same info for both. I was trying to think outside the box but to no avail yet. Seen this and figured I would throw it out there. I like the thought about the cont size. That is thinking outside the box.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2013, 09:04:08 AM »
No, both a blue NPC and a Blue Player both return the Same #Findrep. The easiest Method is by doing Exevent Popup on the Character and Comparing the Contsize.

Thats the Easy way. Then if it Recognizes the Contsize as a Player, it can doubel check by opening the paperdoll and looking for Imbued Properties etc.

ow a live player/npc for some reason i was thinking you were talking about dead ones...  I know i do it 2 ways in 2 diff scripts im going to check how i did it and post back

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2013, 09:07:20 AM »
Well for the longest time I simply pulled the characters title & could sort out common npc titles.  This really broke when they allowed players to adopt skill titles though surprisingly few people actually wear them.

Other ideas..

*Honor the target.   (You get different sysmessages I think)
*Open paperdoll & check for Insured or even Any Talisman
*Attempt to party
*I've thought about attempting to check if they are mounted (maybe with height, but never actually tried that one)
*Could always check player only titles(Gladiator / Legendary??) or for being guilded to filter somewhat.   

Theres bound to be more ways, I've just always used the top one bc it was the least disruptive for other scripts.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2013, 09:10:16 AM »
method 1 - i use in my overseer... npc names... excluding all the ones with a given name...   but as ghost said could invalid a few players that way if they set thier title...  now im going ot have to redo that code as i missed/forgot about the change ghost is talking about errr

method 2 - lost to sands of time...

The contsize of the popup so far seems like the best selection...  couple of things to test on that front.. if a player is in a form does his contsize stay the same.. what about wearing Halloween masks... (findrep might change as well and no longer be blue)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 09:18:06 AM by Endless Night »

Offline KaliOfLS

• That's "Dr." Kali to you!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • KaliOfLS has no influence.
  • Respect: +33
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2013, 10:48:03 AM »
Yeah, but very few NPCs are found 'everywhere'.   I think most you have to think about is 'the wandering healer', 'the mage', and 'the noble paladin', and um 'the fighter' 

How many PCs have those titles? Unless there are town scripts at work here, that matter.
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 
^ real life signature for sure

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2013, 02:36:20 PM »
method 1 - i use in my overseer... npc names... excluding all the ones with a given name...   but as ghost said could invalid a few players that way if they set thier title...  now im going ot have to redo that code as i missed/forgot about the change ghost is talking about errr

method 2 - lost to sands of time...

The contsize of the popup so far seems like the best selection...  couple of things to test on that front.. if a player is in a form does his contsize stay the same.. what about wearing Halloween masks... (findrep might change as well and no longer be blue)

Cont size does stay the same even in other forms.

Offline manwincTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2013, 08:58:00 PM »
Yeah, the only difficult one is if they are in a party.  This can return only the "Open Paperdoll" Size. which then you can go okay, it might be a player or an NPC. and do a further check.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Tags: