Author Topic: Trying to Recreate "Fatal Error"  (Read 3587 times)

Offline manwincTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Trying to Recreate "Fatal Error"
« on: April 07, 2013, 08:23:45 AM »
So, Something to do with some of the Recent Changes to the Game have Created a "Fatal Error" That crashes UO. It has Something to do with Logging out Through the Paperdoll Gump In Game.

If anyone has any info on recreating it or what causes it, I'd be Greatly Obliged. 
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to Recreate "Fatal Error"
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 09:05:02 PM »
I think I've narrowed it down to 1 of 2 Things.

1. UO has Tried to Institute an error when 1 ip logs into too many accounts on too many shards on too many characters within a short period of time.

2. Doing what I mentioned before Overloads the Clients Memory causing it to crash.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 07:20:49 PM »
Fatal Error is caused after Doing about 120 Logout/logins :P

Not sure what exactly Causes it, but that's the Common Factor every time.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 03:29:16 PM »
sounds like a memory leak...

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 03:37:28 PM »
Yeah, I did Notice that the Memory was going up a little bit with each logout and login, but would occasionally go back down. Luckily I already finished a project to open up new Clients, so not too big of a deal.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2013, 07:50:05 PM »
Well.. the only difference I've noticed with logging in/out is that "instant" logging in my home isnt so instant anymore.  Just switching characters manually & I find myself having to do a 6 count after I click logout or at the next character selection I'll get the msg my other char is still logged in.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2013, 08:35:20 PM »
Yeah, couldn't be that sadly with the code I was running. it swaps Accounts before it Swaps Characters.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2013, 02:26:51 PM »
have you ever logged so fast, your standing next to the character you just logged out?

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2013, 03:01:49 PM »
Well.. the only difference I've noticed with logging in/out is that "instant" logging in my home isnt so instant anymore.  Just switching characters manually & I find myself having to do a 6 count after I click logout or at the next character selection I'll get the msg my other char is still logged in.

Believe that is due to the cloud.  Happening to me a lot lately.

Offline KaliOfLS

• That's "Dr." Kali to you!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • KaliOfLS has no influence.
  • Respect: +33
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2013, 07:37:58 PM »

Believe that is due to the cloud.  Happening to me a lot lately.

Well, not having played the last 2 months, I can say that I'm faster than UO, and it's been that way for years.  I will get the 'need to wait for my character to log out' message when I'm logging at an in.  I have a pause, I've never counted it, maybe a second long, then I start to log in and I can do it.  There is some delay, even for insta-log.  Maybe some changes in the way they store data now (they are using cloud storage?) makes that delay even longer?
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 
^ real life signature for sure

Tags: