Author Topic: Ready for the Xbox One?  (Read 42699 times)

Offline TidusTopic starter

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
Ready for the Xbox One?
« on: June 08, 2013, 12:06:43 PM »
+1
Just wondering what everyone thinks about the new Xbox One that will be hitting the shelves in the not too distant future.
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Offline Bookwyrm

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Bookwyrm has no influence.
  • Better Civilization Through Medication
  • Respect: +34
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Ready for the Xbox One?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2013, 12:58:41 PM »
+1
I have some serious "Meh" going on about that one. I am sure I will purchase it at some point. But not enthusiastic about it at all.
"The most preposterous notion that H. Sapiens has ever dreamed up is that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes, wants the saccharine adoration of His creatures, can be swayed by their prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery. Yet this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in all of history."   Lazarus Long

"The second most preposterous notion is that copulation is inherently sinful."   L.L. 

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2013, 01:58:29 PM »
+1
They going back to the original machine? Play Station is already up at 3 right?

Offline TidusTopic starter

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2013, 02:01:51 PM »
+1
They call it the "One" because you will only need one machine to do "anything" you want. Considered the all inclusive machine... so they say.
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2013, 02:04:38 PM »
+1
Just wondering what everyone thinks about the new Xbox One that will be hitting the shelves in the not too distant future.

Me and some buddys saw some videos about. I have the feeling Microsoft is a lot of steps behind the future. It looks more like it going to be a entertainment center instead of a console. And after EA, Blizzard and others heavy failed with their Cloud\Server solution they want make as well? No, not for me..

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2013, 02:50:51 PM »
+1
When will someone think that it's just dumb to spend money on consoles?  I'm mean come on, bring out hardware and make is so nobody can use their old software?  It's like every 5 years switching from Apple, to PC, to Amiga, to Atari ST, to Amstrad, to Sinclair and then back to PC.  I have PC games I still play from back in the early 90s (cough, UO, cough)...

Do yourself a favor and grab a nice gaming laptop and forget about the console flagellation.  I'm done with consoles.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Bookwyrm

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2013, 03:41:41 PM »
+1
While I absolutely and positively agree with your sentiment TM. The problem remains that consoles are not done with us. Too many people have opted to take the lazy way out and rather than perform the difficult task of *gasp* setting up a PC they would rather plug their console into the network like the cool people on television tell them to do.

My biggest complaint about the world today?

While people are abandoning PC's for their smartphones and tablets. Sites like Facebook and twitter are ever more popular.

BTW, I loathe facebook and twitter.
"The most preposterous notion that H. Sapiens has ever dreamed up is that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes, wants the saccharine adoration of His creatures, can be swayed by their prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery. Yet this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in all of history."   Lazarus Long

"The second most preposterous notion is that copulation is inherently sinful."   L.L. 

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2013, 04:35:28 PM »
+1
Very true.  I do use my tablets quite a bit these days just for general web surfing.  That's about the only use I get out of them is to fuel my Amazon Prime addiction.   heh.

For me, I'm just so tired of basically having to "start over" when it comes to console software.  I'm one of those people that's finally DONE with that whole thing.  I should have been done after the PS2-PS3 transition (I have duplicates of many titles due to that), so the last straw was cast.

And yes, I still don't have a facebook account.  As for twitter, my trailmyx account is basically a placeholder until I can get the automatic updates working again from this site.  Personally, I don't have squat.  My girlfriend and her daughter are facebook zombies, though.  Yuck.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Bookwyrm

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2013, 05:38:00 PM »
+1
I must admit that I am guilty of owning an xbox 360. Red Dead Redemption is one of my guilty pleasures. As is the new Tomb Raider.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2013, 05:44:01 PM »
+1
I like my 360 too.  I got a smoker deal on it a bit ago.  I mainly like it because the controllers fit my hands better than the PS2.  After that, people who like the 360 over PS2 also must argue that they insist purple is a better color than mauve.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline bunnyhudson

• Restricted
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • bunnyhudson has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2014, 01:21:03 AM »
+1
I am using Xbox live for gaming and have a great experience. I love gaming having a combination of Xbox and legal key of the games.

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2014, 03:10:00 AM »
+1
I love my xbox one

Still play it to this day :> (also acts as my ftp)

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2014, 09:01:18 AM »
+1
I'm guilty of still playing consoles (360). But I also have a gaming PC. It really just depends on the game on what I get it for and most importantly, did my friends also get it for 360 so we can all play together.

I plan on getting a XBox One eventually. But not until the price goes down which I hear is later this year.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2014, 10:37:32 AM »
+1
I refuse to buy another darn console.  No more, sorry.  PC gaming is better anyhow.  I will not re-buy my favorite games again.  (I'm looking at you PS2, PS3, XBOX, XBOX 360, etc....)
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2014, 05:32:20 AM »
+1
I only own a Dreamcast and a GameCube for my little ones. The GameCube I bought for 150$ about 7 years ago with 100 games and 10 controllers so hard to pass up.

But I might consider one if this happens

DreamCast II

Tags: