Author Topic: new forgotton player introduction "hello world"  (Read 2666 times)

Offline sunshineunitsTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • sunshineunits has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
new forgotton player introduction "hello world"
« on: May 27, 2014, 07:06:55 PM »
Im not really sure how to take all this... you want to meet me, and read about my history, and get to know me, and be friends forever?

um, I like your work and all, and im sure its great, but while i might sing your praises to my fellow UO players, im just going to take all the loot and never come back...arent I? 

Mamma taught me the internet is a sewer, you dont talk to the other rats, you dont exchange digits, you find what you gotta have, and get out BEFORE they learn all these things that you want of me... O_o 

i do like UO, i do play on a freeshard, i'd love to reccomend this site to all my friends, i really would. but, do you want recognition for your work, and thanks, and friendship? or do you want to play UO?

short version: i'm a paranoid, i love UO, im over 30, and im fairly well read. I like games like morrowind and final fantasy 2 NES, and i've run my own priate server before.  I dont really want to meet people online and i dont want to be friends :P just being honest.

i could have faked all this and just left after i got the stuff but, at least i'm honest /shrug. sorry, but you guys seem like great coders, and you dont need me to tell you that :D   

I wont flame or troll or make snide remarks, i'll be a benevolent ghost, I dont really need approval, and neither do you guys, thanks for your interest

sunshineunits 
(think nuclear testing back in the 50's)

-bad day IRL >_< -

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: new forgotton player introduction "hello world"
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 08:25:23 PM »
Welcome!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 08:26:15 PM »
We're an odd collection of motley rats.  Collectively, I've known the online presence of many of them for years and years now.  Thanks for sharing your information - we won't hold any of it against you.  heh

Hope your day gets better!  Welcome to the site!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline sunshineunitsTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • sunshineunits has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 08:26:51 PM »
lol i have to say thats not what i was expecting, but thankyou much :D  improved my day considerably lol.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 08:34:28 PM »
Well we get lots of people who want to play around with our wears.  Since we appreciate any kind of contribution, even the odd heart-felt introduction is contribution enough for us.  You'd be surprised how many people fight the one intro post rule for attachment view rights.  We've been socializing like this for a long time now, and every once in a while we convert some non-social interwebz entity over to the yappy side.  :)  I was one of them... 
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2014, 04:14:09 AM »
short version: i'm a paranoid, i love UO, im over 30, and im fairly well read.
Being over 30 and fairly well read SHOULD in all cases lead to paranoia so it sounds like you, my friend, are right where you're supposed to be.

Welcome to ScriptUO.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Cush

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Cush has no influence.
  • Respect: +42
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2014, 07:00:12 AM »
Welcome aboard!

Its a good group here :-)

Offline Pearls

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Pearls barely matters.Pearls barely matters.
  • Respect: +65
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2014, 06:33:29 AM »
Im not really sure how to take all this... you want to meet me, and read about my history, and get to know me, and be friends forever?

um, I like your work and all, and im sure its great, but while i might sing your praises to my fellow UO players, im just going to take all the loot and never come back...arent I?  

Mamma taught me the internet is a sewer, you dont talk to the other rats, you dont exchange digits, you find what you gotta have, and get out BEFORE they learn all these things that you want of me... O_o  

i do like UO, i do play on a freeshard, i'd love to reccomend this site to all my friends, i really would. but, do you want recognition for your work, and thanks, and friendship? or do you want to play UO?

short version: i'm a paranoid, i love UO, im over 30, and im fairly well read. I like games like morrowind and final fantasy 2 NES, and i've run my own priate server before.  I dont really want to meet people online and i dont want to be friends :P just being honest.

i could have faked all this and just left after i got the stuff but, at least i'm honest /shrug. sorry, but you guys seem like great coders, and you dont need me to tell you that :D    

I wont flame or troll or make snide remarks, i'll be a benevolent ghost, I dont really need approval, and neither do you guys, thanks for your interest

sunshineunits  
(think nuclear testing back in the 50's)

-bad day IRL >_< -

Maybe it's just a brain fart but this post made me think of:

« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 06:35:06 AM by Pearls »
XII : "My happiness as a married man is directly related to the amount of sex I have which, in turn, requires that I pretend I like these movies every now and then and that it really doesn't bother me when she tells me about her problems but doesn't want me to give her a solution ;) "

Tags: