Author Topic: Now that Event Sleep is Broken and not coming back  (Read 3660 times)

Offline manwincTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Now that Event Sleep is Broken and not coming back
« on: July 10, 2014, 09:47:11 PM »
So, the issue is that no matter what sort of Processor/Graphics card you are running, the login screen/disconnect screen for UO can eat the living crap out of your CPU, especially when running multiple clients at once. Event sleep was the old way to get around this which allowed you to reduce the cpu usage down to 0% For a period of Time.

The Easiest solution I can see so far is to Login to a different server and at the Character Selection/Creation Page, you can see whether or not you are on the wrong server or not with #Lshard, you can stay on that page for about 15 minutes, then you Attempt to force #lshard to what you want to be and go back to the shard selection page, and repeat until you get into the shard you want.

Code: [Select]
; if you are on the Character Selection page or the Character Creation page and its not the right shard.   
 if #Contsize = 640_480 && ( #Contname = Login_Gump || #Contname = CharCreation_Gump ) && #Lshard <> !Shard
    {
    wait 16000 ; <- 15 Minutes
    set #lshard !Shard ; <- Put the shard back to the Shard # that you want it to be.
    Click 595 445 ; <- Pops you back to the Shard Selection
    wait 40
    }
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Online gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Now that Event Sleep is Broken and not coming back
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 05:30:58 AM »
very nice! Thanks I will add this to my (actually your) scripts!

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 06:44:30 AM »
The day that Cheffe change the code for that, It was a sad day.  We are now force to close our client and I don't think cheffe will bring the back. I try to ask him and I'm still waiting.  I don't like having my account log in 24/7 just to cut down  my CPU.   Thx for sharing I will try that in a few weeks.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 01:37:54 PM »
Its not so muchly Keeping logged in, But just moving to a position in the Login Sequence that Keeps your Cpu from frying. It also comes in 15 minute intervals which is nice.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 02:14:45 PM »
Another issue that Stealth doesn't have :>

Use stealth, save your CPUs!

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2014, 05:09:23 PM »
So, The Login menu is Super Messed Up Now. You get this invisible gump that's 2x2 lol happens at the login screen and character selection. Using this little bit to get it to the right gump when it happens.

Code: [Select]
    if #Contsize = 2_2 && #Contname = Normal_Gump
    {
    Click 364 141
    wait 20
    Key Esc
    wait 20
    }
The Esc fixes the Account/Pw Screen, the click fixes the Character selection.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

Online gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2014, 06:15:24 PM »
I also have a  problem at the Character selection screen

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2014, 06:38:07 PM »
Hopefully Cheffe is integrating the ability to index through the gumps!
Monkeys and Typewriters!

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2014, 06:55:54 PM »
K, Fixing some of the Issues. Expect to see some Login Subs Coming here Pretty soon. Still pissed off at these changes through. Completely Threw a Wrench in 80% of my operation.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

Online gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2014, 04:41:48 AM »
K, Fixing some of the Issues. Expect to see some Login Subs Coming here Pretty soon. Still pissed off at these changes through. Completely Threw a Wrench in 80% of my operation.

Great!

Tags: