Scripting Resources & Utilities > SUO Launcher

SUO Launcher

(1/25) > >>

TrailMyx:
So I've been bringing all the little things together.  With client patching and injection for an executable, I have the start of a freeshard launcher.  It's very basic at this point, but will launch a patched, unencrypted client to any address/port entered.

What I want to do to keep from stepping on the toes of the other launch sites is to allow them to drag/drop information into the application to "add" their site to the others contained in the program.  From there, they can launch using this application.

As it stands now, the client patches for multiclient nag dialog and always light.  I want to add the skip intro also as soon as I find that offset.

Anyhow, just fiddling at this point.

Tidus:
Very nice.  Simple is always nice.

TrailMyx:

--- Quote from: Tidus on March 02, 2015, 10:42:00 AM ---Very nice.  Simple is always nice.

--- End quote ---

Ya, I totally want to keep it simple.  Judging from the leechers we've had over the years, simple is a moral imperative.  

There's a few things that will probably not be possible though.  Since my program works very similar to Razor, whatever client launches will not have 3rd party tools associated with it.  EasyUO is another matter because it attaches itself to the client process underway, so it should still work fine.

Anyhow, it will be exactly how UOGateway once was.  Just simpler since I'm not going to do any of that freeshard management stuff.  I'll leave that up to the freeshards who choose to use this tool.

Tidus:
You should make it also be able to "permanently" decrypt the client to the server of choice.  This way secondary programs might still be able to use it.  With someone on PlayUO currently working on UOPatch.exe to be able to patch, they will be able to use UOAssist with it or other programs that require UOPatch to run.

TrailMyx:

--- Quote from: Tidus on March 02, 2015, 11:17:00 AM ---You should make it also be able to "permanently" decrypt the client to the server of choice.  This way secondary programs might still be able to use it.  With someone on PlayUO currently working on UOPatch.exe to be able to patch, they will be able to use UOAssist with it or other programs that require UOPatch to run.

--- End quote ---

That's sort of a side-effect of this process.  I *can* output a client that can be used for those programs.  *HOWEVER* that does take away the focus of this program to launch and sort of breaks my idea of actually monetizing this function.  You see, I intend to get some AdSense clicks from one of those now-blank boxes. 

I've been doing all this stuff for free for a long time, and I'd like to find a way to make a few cents here and there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version