Author Topic: SUO Launcher - Feedback  (Read 49849 times)

Offline Trixta

• 69 Forever!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Trixta has no influence.
  • Respect: +29
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: SUO Launcher - Feedback
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2015, 11:14:25 AM »
I was able to replicate, I am going to try a few things and see if it is a pattern

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
Screenshot_2.jpg

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2015, 11:23:45 AM »
Kewl, just an exception I need to wrap.  Thanks for that, I haven't seen that one yet!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2015, 11:29:32 AM »
Looks like I have to give up on the Google Adsense.  My method of serving them flagged the account and it was disabled.  Oh well, it was worth a try.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2015, 04:19:32 PM »
We NEED you to be able to run this!  Noboby breaks things quite like you (Or Kham for that matter)

Great, We are actually encouraged to break something and I can't!  :'(

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2015, 04:36:46 PM »
Great, We are actually encouraged to break something and I can't!  :'(

Don't worry, I'll introduce more breakable things all the time!
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2015, 09:24:07 PM »
Looks like you might have a memory leak somewhere.  I have not opened a client yet and still the memory keeps going up.

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
memory leak.PNG
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2015, 09:26:35 PM »
As i look at it, it seems to only go up in memory as it rotates the images at the bottom.

memory leak1.PNG
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2015, 09:46:09 PM »
As i look at it, it seems to only go up in memory as it rotates the images at the bottom.

kewl, I was going to look into that next.  So much for automatic garbage collection!  How long did you let it run to get to that point?
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Mind Blown
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #68 on: March 13, 2015, 06:30:51 AM »
That was after about 15 minutes

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #69 on: March 13, 2015, 08:27:58 AM »
I let version 11 run all night long without much increase.  It leveled out at around 33MB.  So it must have been the event tracker I wrote to figure out the phantom clicking.

I'm probably going to go away from the pay/click thing and find some interesting partner programs.  Amazon is great and I like their content.  The pay/click stuff annoyed the crap out of me, plus they are very paranoid about it.  No doubt they have been scammed by click harveters and automated bots, so it's hard for people like me to use their products in a reasonable way.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 08:33:48 AM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #70 on: March 13, 2015, 09:52:33 AM »
I let version 11 run all night long without much increase.  It leveled out at around 33MB.  So it must have been the event tracker I wrote to figure out the phantom clicking.

I'm probably going to go away from the pay/click thing and find some interesting partner programs.  Amazon is great and I like their content.  The pay/click stuff annoyed the crap out of me, plus they are very paranoid about it.  No doubt they have been scammed by click harveters and automated bots, so it's hard for people like me to use their products in a reasonable way.

How a bout a Shard program for a small fee?

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #71 on: March 13, 2015, 10:03:35 AM »
How a bout a Shard program for a small fee?

In my lazy waning days, I didn't really want to manage anything.  I just don't have the energy to handle the infrastructure to manage/maintain a program like that.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Mind Blown
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #72 on: March 13, 2015, 10:13:45 AM »
Still running Version 10.  Will get to 11 today.

There are 2 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
error.PNG
memory leak2.PNG

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #73 on: March 13, 2015, 10:16:10 AM »
Version 11 will still probably generate the script error.  I forgot to suppress those errors in the web control.  That happens ALOT on my Win2003 test box.

Also still phantom clicking.  The one nice thing about getting away from the click farming ads is that I don't have to do anything special to open webpages anymore.  Basic links are infinitely easier to handle programmatically.

Thanks for the feedback and the screenies!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 11:44:30 AM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Mind Blown
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #74 on: March 13, 2015, 12:23:38 PM »
V12 is no longer memory leaking for me.  So I think the error handling helped.

Tags: