Author Topic: Idoc error messages, the new speed cap  (Read 2081 times)

Offline GemviperTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Idoc error messages, the new speed cap
« on: October 07, 2015, 05:59:10 AM »
My loot script, which I'm finding ways to improve, is constantly triggering the idoc version of "you must wait...". The error is bright red and only happens at idocs, it's part of the new OSI attempt to stop scripters from looting too much. Unlike the generic version these stop you cold and if you don't wait you reset the timeout period.

There is a way around this, but I don't know what that is yet. I know there's a way around it because I've used fraps to record a few idocs and I see just how fast others can loot. With the new rules making my script faster won't help, so how are the other scripters so much faster? How are they avoiding the mini-lockout periods that you now get for going too fast?? Is there a new pen trick? lol.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Re: Idoc error messages, the new speed cap
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 05:13:43 AM »
It was a simple matter of making sure no two game actions can happen too quickly, my delays weren't sufficient and/or in the right places.

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2015, 12:19:03 PM »
What your wait time .  I have to put 30 for looting gold at champ spawn to not been lock.
Code: [Select]
if #findcnt > 0
 wait 10
  {
   exevent drag #findid #findstack
   exevent dropc #backpackid
   wait 30
  }

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2015, 05:56:50 PM »
It's not just the time, it's the place for the wait. I think you're having problems because you have two events side by side, any lag will cause a fail or "too fast" type message.

Tags: