Casa de TrailMyx > Computer Rigs

Running list of motherboards I've built with over the years

(1/3) > >>

TrailMyx:
As promised, here's a list of motherboards and systems I've built over the years.  These are systems that I used starting from around 1989 till present.

1/2 way through the stack of motherboard manuals.  Presently at 21 systems. 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15Q_Ll8_bfPX2ZcFUd8YlMx_1m85sE8j3vGw7VGZgxNk

Gemviper:
Celeron, it was such a leap ahead at the time, you were styling in game with that one! I started out on a Pentium II which my company kindly paid for as part of their "employee computer program" and I remember the difference when I upgraded well, lol. Right around the time I switched to playing DAoC(more graphics intensive than UO) from UO...

I don't have it anymore, but kinda wish I did. Those old systems are still cool(for some things).

Wish I had my old VIC-20 too, lol. I wonder if I'd remember how to PEEK and POKE still.

TrailMyx:
Going through this stack of manuals has brought back memories.  I remember doing a SLOT 1 Intel, SLOT A AMD, and a dual pentium 3 (I think I have that manual somewhere).  I'm sad that I probably don't have the manual from my first build.  I remember that was an AMD 386-40.  I also remember spending something like $900 on that SLOT1 Pentium2 back in the day.  That's when I decided I was never going to be the cutting edge and always bought budget-minded PC stuff.  That's sort of why I shifted to AMD aside from a few diversions.

gimlet:
Well the cost of i7's is dropping fast all caused by your new chip!

The Ghost:
I benchmark a few I5 and I7 a few years ago, I notice that some I5 was better then some I7.   It the balance that you need to find.     I also see that some build in video card  have a nice potential .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version