« on: September 02, 2017, 08:14:57 PM »
Old school UO player here eagerly awaiting Legends of Aria =P

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2017, 03:48:30 AM »
Welcome!

Before we can unrestrict you - you need to tell us a lot more!
Please greatly expand your introduction and tell us about yourself and your UO life.
Look at the sticked examples if you need insight.
I think you will find the effort required to write a four or five paragraphs will pay off with this community!

Offline RakiTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Raki has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 08:33:32 PM »
+1
Sounds good. To put it more detail.

I start UO when T2A was still fresh. Not many people would venture to far into dungeons like Ice and Fire. There was no Trammel or Felucca (until the end of my stint). There wasn't much in the way of itemization. Valorite was just a rare color you could be seen in. Still you could always find something to do. My favorite char was a theif happily named "Look I'm Naked". He was the terror of Brit. Using all kinds of cons, trapped boxes and all around sneakyness to kill people or turn them into criminals for guards to kill. And since I was naked except for my handy dandy dagger I never had anything to lose.

I have since quit UO but I find myself playing on freeshards every now and again for nostalgia reasons. Can't help but want to do a treasure map or a champ. Hell I am sitting at this very moment watching an IDOC while I work. This is the reason I said I can't wait for Aria since its looking like a UO clone. I may find myself playing a MMO full time again.

When I quit UO I went to EQ (like most of the population). I played there for years as a guild leader, raid leader and had various other serverwide/gamewide achievements for kills, leveling etc. I was a top 10 monk on my servers for years.

I gave up playing MMO's because they are so time consuming, except my ventures into UO where I can script/macro while I work. I've played a ton of them though. EQ2, Aion, WoW, Rift (for years), Conan, GW2, FFXIV, Planetside, Elder scrolls etc. I love meeting like minded people in these games. Alas as I said they are very time consuming and it takes away from real life. So I moved to console gaming. Currently playing the expansions for Witcher 3, just finished Horizon Zero Dawn (VERY good game) and looking for to its DLC.

I think that about wraps up how much of a nerd I am. As for myself. I live in Florida. I'm an autocad technician so I'm basically drawing things in CAD at home all day. And I'm trying to get prepared for hurricane Irma lol.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 10:38:19 PM »

Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2017, 07:11:56 AM »
I'd like to get back to Rift.  It's been a while and I miss that one alot.  You're right, these games are just too darn time consuming.  It's shocking how much time I've spent in games like Rift and WoW.

I'm actually fairly excited about legends of Aria!  From what it looks like, it's UO but with a really nice isometric application and at least early 21st century graphics.

Anyhow, welcome.  And batten down those hatches; you're going to get wallupped by Irma!  Stay safe and dry and we hope for the best for you!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2017, 07:19:16 PM »
Welcome to SUO!

Tags: