Author Topic: When do resources get randomized...  (Read 14471 times)

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: When do resources get randomized...
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2009, 06:09:26 PM »
Wow, I was right!!!!!  :o

That's it for me, thanks for coming, goodnight everybody!

When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2009, 12:29:12 PM »
Then Perhaps were approaching it from the wrong angle.

if %Type = Frostwood
set %Timer #Scnt + 7200
if %type = Bloodwood
set %Timer #SCnt + 3600
if %Type = Heartwood
set %Timer #Scnt + 2400

Etc etc etc......

If You guys don't think they are programming with individual instances of it respawning, then perhaps they just set specific Timers for each location, SINCE Uo Has specifically stated that Higher Ore Will Yield more, it would make sense that it takes longer for it to reset, and if it isn't based on the "Amount" you pull out of the tree, then it should be an increased Timer on The Tree before it resets.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2009, 12:42:57 PM »
I'm not sure this is the case..

When they first randomized the resources, I had a frostwood tree outside my castle that nobody seemed to know about.  As a test, I chopped it once a day for 2 weeks and finally it switched.

One kinda has to think about it from the point of programmer's lazyiness:

1) Is location depleted?
2) Yes, then determine if random change occurred.

Otherwise, the server would have to run constant check on every resource grid in the game, leading to waaay lotsa server overhead.  Judging from the inventive nature of the dev team, my guess is they'd land on the side of lazy.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2009, 12:48:22 PM »
Yea i am thining with TM they are more than likely to gve it a patch and hope no bugs show up rather than try to place new or expanded code in for the randamization.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2009, 01:01:13 PM »
I've noticed that trees seem to change more these days.  If you think about the nature of scripted lumberjackers when the system was first installed, they ALL just extracted resources from specific trees, so there were some trees that were only chopped by nAFK peeps.  Now that people have modified their scripts, they do seem to change more.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline KilroyIsDeadTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • KilroyIsDead has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2009, 01:27:25 PM »
I think the most recent FoF (Five dollar Friday)  Stated some info on Tree resource rates.

It turns out the mathematically it's better do be an elf for Lumberjacking.  I always did human for the lift (max stones) bump.
Give a man a fire, he'll be warm the rest of the night;
Set a man afire, he'll be warm the rest of his life.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2009, 01:29:53 PM »
For me, it's always been about feeding the heartwood quester, so I'm all about the little bump in boards/hr than what color I get.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2009, 10:04:55 AM »
I'm not sure this is the case..

When they first randomized the resources, I had a frostwood tree outside my castle that nobody seemed to know about.  As a test, I chopped it once a day for 2 weeks and finally it switched.

One kinda has to think about it from the point of programmer's lazyiness:

1) Is location depleted?
2) Yes, then determine if random change occurred.

Otherwise, the server would have to run constant check on every resource grid in the game, leading to waaay lotsa server overhead.  Judging from the inventive nature of the dev team, my guess is they'd land on the side of lazy.

Exactly what I was getting at. Furthermore, it seems that we have gathered evidence supporting this.

XII
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2009, 10:06:39 AM »
Its extremely annoying thats all i know.   Luckily i still have 1/2mil frostwood left...  But ore is seriously lacking.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Tags: