Author Topic: How to disable automatic updates?  (Read 6356 times)

Offline GemviperTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
How to disable automatic updates?
« on: October 22, 2017, 08:58:48 PM »
I don't do anything with UOSteam really but in using it to finish a task this week I was reminded that it automatically checks and updates the UO game client at startup. Obviously you don't want it doing this if you use EUO since it will render your EUO version obsolete even on a non-forced patch.

There doesn't seem to be an option to turn these automatic updates off in UOSteam, can it be done?

It's not EUO friendly out of the box.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: How to disable automatic updates?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2017, 09:44:11 PM »
+1
All you have to do is make sure UOS is pointed to client.exe instead of uo.exe (or any other executables) in client options when starting.

Offline GemviperTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 12:54:51 AM »
/facepalm

The best options are usually the simplest. Thanks.

Offline Kane12

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Kane12 has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 06:02:53 AM »
I'm new to UOSteam.....but when I use uo.exe file vs the client.exe 8n order to get the most current patch (To have visibility of new content - new skeletons on looted bodies) I get the "could not find client" error message from UOSteam. Any insight yo.fix going the opposite to.insure watching? When I run client.exe alone, it goes to patched client but thru Upsteam it does not for some reason though it's the same executable file.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2017, 07:09:58 AM »
I'm new to UOSteam.....but when I use uo.exe file vs the client.exe 8n order to get the most current patch (To have visibility of new content - new skeletons on looted bodies) I get the "could not find client" error message from UOSteam. Any insight yo.fix going the opposite to.insure watching? When I run client.exe alone, it goes to patched client but thru Upsteam it does not for some reason though it's the same executable file.

I make sure my client is patched to latest version 7.0.60.47 first by just running uo.exe without using steam.
Then i run uosteam with client.exe
My steam is set up as shown below and i never click on search for new updates.

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
1.png

Offline Kane12

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Kane12 has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2017, 05:28:39 PM »
Did all that and not working.....i will backcheck everything to insure it is correct. Thank you for the clarification.

Tags: