Author Topic: New here, dipping my hands into scripting  (Read 2460 times)

Offline enditysTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • enditys has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
New here, dipping my hands into scripting
« on: February 21, 2018, 12:51:57 AM »
Hey all brand new looking to gain some useful knowledge to have some fun in the land of UO.  Hope I can make some new friends and see you all around the UO universe.  If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask them :)

Oh ya the names Jason btw :P

Sorry I work almost 14 hours a day 7 days a week, I posted this when I was on lunch break.  Ive been playing UO since 96-97.  I was a napa valley guy, prolly my fondest memory playing uo was on bone wall shooting the *bleep* with random new people I met.  I used to think wow this is the coolest thing I've ever seen.  From there I continued to play till trammel was released then I didnt quite like the way it was going.  From there on I had been hoping on and off between free shards,  stuck with some, left with others.  I've been playing UO since my childhood and will prolly always be a nostalgia point for me in my life even if the server I happen to be playing on has nobody really playing it.  On another note I build toyota cars for a living on an assembly line.

Just to continue a little further some of my hobbies are obviously well UO :>, poker love to play poker IRL (Which rarely happens with my work schedule atm but someday I may get some time off lol)  Love going to Florida when I get vacation to visit family/beach.  I live in kentucky so we don't hardly have any water around here that we can take a boat out on or jet ski or surf.  So I love doing those activities when i'm able to.  I love eating lol, japense steak houses are prolly my most favorite place to eat at,  them tender steaks yum yum. 

But thats really all there is about me I play a little UO, dabble in trying to learn scripting, and do all the above if/when i get some vacation time. Hope to be apart of the community. 
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 12:29:22 PM by enditys »

Offline valen2.0

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • valen2.0 has no influence.
  • Respect: +63
    • View Profile
Re: New here, dipping my hands into scripting
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 03:10:18 AM »
My guess is they will request more indepth intro. Please refer to the section  http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=2430.0

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 05:22:07 AM »
Add some meat and bones to your post and describe your UO life a bit.  Then you may see the Veil lifted.
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 05:41:26 AM »

Welcome! Our only requirement to be part of this site is for new members to write a good and thoughfull introduction.

Before we will unrestrict you - you need to tell us a lot more!

Please greatly expand your introduction and tell us about yourself and your UO life.

Look at the sticked examples if you need insight.
I think you will find the effort required to write a four or five paragraphs will pay off with this community!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2018, 10:29:45 AM »
Oh and also I've dabbled into scripting coding of another game that came out before UO which was called The realm online.  Also another game that takes me back to my childhood although no where near as ingenious as ultima online.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2018, 12:26:59 PM »

Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2018, 12:29:47 PM »
Thanks gimlet, I just added more to my introduction the moment you responded lol

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2018, 12:50:10 PM »
Thanks gimlet, I just added more to my introduction the moment you responded lol

:D

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2018, 02:18:48 PM »
Welcome to SUO!

Tags: