Author Topic: Whammy  (Read 76082 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Whammy
« on: June 11, 2009, 06:43:07 AM »
The Whammy template is similar to the Sampire template, but uses Wraith Form instead of Vampiric Embrace. This template leeches MANA where VE leeches Hit Points.

The basic template uses:

Weapon
Bushido
Parry
Necro

And the builds can include:

Tactics
Anatomy
Healing
Chivalry
Spirit Speak

This char is much easier to setup. The armor is pretty simple to put together.

With a Whammy, you need to leech back Hit Points. The form itself should keep you leeching Mana. Look for weapons with Hit Life Leech. Most people use Spirit Speak with this form to utilize Curse Weapon as a life leech tool.

One drawback is that your can not be mounted while in Wraith Form. This means slower "RUN AWAY" and no damage decrease from an armored swamp dragon.

Add in your Whammy templates, stats, armor, weapons and strategies.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Rn

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Rn has no influence.
  • Respect: +15
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Whammy
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 07:32:21 AM »
I had a longer write-up i PMed to a member but its not in my Outbox so ill give the jist of it

Gear:

gorget 8,22,8,9,6 4hp, 6stam, 7mana
arms 6,11,9,19,5 4hp, 8stam, 2mr
ring hci 7, def 8, fcr 3, di 18
brace EP20, hci 11, fc 2, lmc 6, poison 13
wep HLA 46, HSL 50, HLD 46, def 6, DI 51 twinkling scimitar

faction items:
fey leggings
stormgrip
crimson cincture
heart of the lion
a primer on arms damage removal
mace and shield reading glasses

without weapon:
hci 38
def 43
di 73
hld 30
fcr 5
EP 20
str 11
dex 15
int 8
hp inc 24
stam inc 14
mana inc 7(+20 elf)
mr 2
hpr 4
lmc 6

resists:

Stats:
post items
126 str
137 hp

140 dex
154 stam

23 int
50 mana

potted
150 str
149 hp

150 dex
164 stam

23 int
50 mana

Template:
120 Swords
120 Bushido
120 Tactics
120 Parry
100 Spirit Speak
90 Chivalry
50 Necromancy

Mod Priority on wep:
1. SSI (unless youre already swinging at max)
2. stam leech
3. hit lower attack
4. dmg inc
5. hit lower defense
6. mana leech (i always switch to my mana leech wep for paroxy as i dont always get enough mana back from strictly wraith form without it)

bonuses:
life leech
hit spell
def chance
hit chance

any questions ill be glad to answer

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 08:44:27 AM »
Not meaning to hijack the thread, but relative to all of these templates, a lot of people talk about using the faction items in their PvM templates. Since these items require that you maintain a certain rank in the faction how does everybody keep their rank up to where they don't lose this ability? Furthermore, are there other issues inherent to keeping your PvM'r in factions?

Maybe this is a topic for another thread.

XII
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Rn

• Activity:
    0%
  • Rn has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 10:12:39 AM »
Just from joining a faction you jump to rank 4 or so, even without any points. However, to get and keep rank 10 can be a little tricky. Luckily for me i am in a mid sized faction pvp guild and i can either have guildies transfer extra points to my char or i can transfer my extra points on my pvper to someone else and then back top my whammy.

here are other methods i found on WinUO.org

http://winuo.org/factions/1868-easy-ways-rank-up.html

pretty much comes down to kill a faction char on a second account or stealing them yourself with a thief. you get 10 points per sigil so 80 points for all 8. the whole stealing process is 10 hours i believe. so u get the timing down and you can be racking in points

edit: and non faction characters can res you in trammel. but i think think opposing faction members in tram cant res you

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 01:52:00 PM »
Factions in trammel have no effect on anything any more.  The only exception is you can't have multiple different factions in the same party in trammel.  So it could get annoying when trying to group for peerless with people that could be in an opposite faction :(

Offline mcscooter

• Activity:
    0%
  • mcscooter has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2009, 06:03:13 PM »
Useful post.  I've actually been building one of these the last few days.  What is the current strategy for raising Parrying?  The two scripts on EUO seem outdated.

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2009, 06:47:17 PM »
Get a TON of female fighters from Jhelom Pits and take em to a house.  Disarm them all.  Stand under your house sign.  Have someone eject them all as you attack them all.  If you get a godly amount you could literally 120 from 0 in 30minutes.  I think I had about 40 or so last time i did it.

PS:  They don't damage you, but they DO damage equipment!

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2009, 06:55:22 PM »
I've heard the way to go is sheep.

If you have a weapon skill, get a weapon of a DIFFERENT skill then you have. This ensures they get past the initial defense and on to the parry chance.

Wear some self repair gear with low physical, and a good self repair shield with NO defense chance on it.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Rn

• Activity:
    0%
  • Rn has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2009, 07:31:48 PM »
think Cerv means high physical   ;)

if u go the sheep route, jump into Horrific Beast form for the health regen as u wont even have to heal then

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2009, 08:11:16 PM »
what I did was get yourself a Full Virtue Armor Set, and a load of Heater Shields...
head yourself to despise, Lizzardmen.  just up to the north there is a little campfire place your character there.  Now Load up one of those Healing Programs I think I used CEO's Medic.  within no time I was at 120 Parry.
some reason the lizard men keep respawning after they attack you and every half hour or so 2-3 more lizzardmen would respawn even though I haven't killed any. by the time I was 120 parry, I had to have at least 75-100 Lizzardman on my screen.  btw. I did get a virtue artifact when I was finished :)

(Ahh... Reminded me of the old Britain lizzardmen Spawn - those were the day's)

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2009, 04:56:31 AM »
What I did was the sheep route...(Thanks to Ultima, he told me about it)

Go to Yew sheep pens, get all the sheep and dogs/cats to attack you. You  can have up to 8 attacking (and hitting you) at once. They need to be in this pattern for them all to hit...but any amount will do.

SSS
                        SYS
                        SSS

Wear some HP regen stuff or the Ring of health...OR use a second acct with a mage char to heal you (thats the easiest) I went from 97 to 120 Parry in less then 90 Minutes.

The KEY is to equip a DAGGER...I tried this at first with a butcher knife..didnt get a gain in 30 min, then Ultima told me that you HAVE to use a dagger, as soon as I switched..BAM...Gains...take about 10 daggers with you, because they wear out fairly fast.
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2009, 06:52:30 AM »
The key is to use an OFF WEAPON SKILL!! Can't emphasis that enough.

The first check is whether or not your opponent hits you, this is done BEFORE PARRY.

If you have 120 weapon skill, then they are almost NEVER going to hit you!!

So, If you have swords... get yourself a SLOW ONE HANDED MACE, like a Maul.

Now they have an EXCELLENT chance to hit you, invoking the second check, which is PARRY.

Trust me here... Slow one hand weapon of an OFF skill, elfs are better because they have 0 skill, humans have 20 skill.

Offline mcscooter

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2009, 07:05:38 PM »
Great advice.  I took parrying from 58 to 115 in just a few hours at the Yew farms. 

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2009, 03:42:47 AM »
Resisting Spells is just as easy too, bring a Boat to New haven on the east side where old haven stands.
lure as many Spellbinders to your boat and hope on. you'll GM Resisting Spells in about an hour, 120 in about the same.

Offline mcscooter

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2009, 05:42:36 PM »
Is anyone currently playing a template that has high healing/anatomy?  Can anyone weigh in on how effective this is against serious spawn?

Tags: