Author Topic: Crazy Crystalline Faction bug.  (Read 2930 times)

Offline manwincTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Crazy Crystalline Faction bug.
« on: June 14, 2009, 11:11:04 PM »
So, Guild decided To Switch Factions here Recently. I logged on without realizing and tried to equip my good old Crystalline ring, which was in my bag for some reason..... and it instantly fell back into my bag reminding me I wasn't high enough in rank.

What I found Odd was that It told me My magery and Focus Dropped by 20 Points without ever actually going up....... ROFL, but it showed my true Magery to be 110 which was what it was supposed to be........

Just an odd thing..... So if you change factions don't try and equip your Crystalline ring until you actually Can :)
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Crazy Crystalline Faction bug.
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 02:59:08 AM »
Hehe, yeah this little bug also allows you to train up magery with low-end spells as well. I believe someone may have even taken the time to write it up somewhere here on the site.

Logging out and back in should display the correct skill again.

XII
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Xclio has no influence.
  • Respect: +56
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 06:17:44 AM »
Used this bug to train up a many 120 Mage types :)

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 10:51:54 AM »
works with archery too

Offline manwincTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 11:10:44 AM »
Too bad I don't Need to train Either of those :(......
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline Noobie

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Noobie has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009, 10:18:09 AM »
have they fixed this?

Offline Rn

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Rn has no influence.
  • Respect: +15
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2009, 10:27:51 AM »
yup

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2009, 11:32:07 AM »
It is fixed, however there are some other nice bugs! For example, if you're in a faction guild and quit your guild, you can get your character glitched where you are no longer in factions (no stat loss, no people that are orange to you, can't wear faction stuff, etc) BUT you can put people in stat and also earn silver (not as sure about the silver part, but i know you can put them in stat). I haven't had the time or characters to completely nail down the exact circumstances that this occurs but I have narrowed it down  to a few possibilities:

Possible ways to achieve "glitched" character??:
- Get booted from a faction guild (one person I know had this happen when he was in the process of quitting the faction when we wiped the guildstone)
- Quit the faction, then quit the guild or vice versa
- Some variation of the two options above

If anyone has the time and characters to do this, it'd be greatly appreciated by many people! That way you can raid a faction guild and put them into stat, but you can come back over and over without worrying about it! It's just too bad you can't wear the faction stuff  :(
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Tags: