Poll

Are you looking forward to the next expansion?

Yes - Man bring that new stuff ON! Imbueing for the WIN!
13 (43.3%)
Nope, yet another way to ruin the game.
14 (46.7%)
Heck NO, thats it, I quit.
3 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author Topic: The next expansion (SA?)  (Read 13867 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
The next expansion (SA?)
« on: July 21, 2009, 12:15:20 PM »
+1
Me personally... I think I'm done. UO has been awesome for me over the years, but the more the game changed from skill based to item based, the more it got further from what I originally enjoyed.

Coming up - make whatever you want. That's just the last straw for me. I will not pay for another expansion, and this next one will finally succeed in driving me away from the game for good.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: The next expansion (SA?)
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 12:19:11 PM »
+1
I'm not quite done yet; at the moment I'm fishing and having fun on a freeshard.  Where OSI is screwing things up, I find that some of the freeshards are holding the line on the stupid insane muddification of the game.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Superslayer

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Superslayer barely matters.Superslayer barely matters.
  • Well what do you drink? Not tea.
  • Respect: +43
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 12:30:10 PM »
+1
I think we need another option here. One that says "I don't care" , that's how I feel about it.  I don't care that there's another item expansion, I don't care enough to quit over it either.  If I find that there's an element of the SA expansion that's really intriguing or 'cool' enough for me to play or exploit, (cracker @ heart) I'll consider picking it up.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 12:35:44 PM »
+1
Even with the introduction of state-of-the-arts via imbueing I don't think I'll have trouble finding challenges for myself in the game. I still have quite a long list of things I want to do in UO.

So I'm all for the expansion and new content. Just not crazy about the SA client with it's jurassic graphics and resolution.

I'd actually like to turn the Cu Sidhe spawn over some more and see if I can't get my hands on another Blaze. The one I have now I just happened to get by pure luck walking into the Weald...and there it was.

There's also quite a few exotic templates I want to mess around with when I get the time. I also want to get my hands on a Sea Horse Statuette!

I have no trouble finding things to do and keep me occupied. I'm all for more content. Bring it! 8)

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 01:50:57 PM »
+1
I am with ultima i still have a long list of things i want to do in ultima online and I can always find something new to do. Also Cracker at heart here also :)

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 03:43:23 PM »
+1
I can say I'm actually surprised about the level of descent on the Stratics threads.  Normally I don't pay much attention to them, but I like to pop in from time to time.  One of the consistent themes is "hey, it's just in Beta".  Didn't we hear that before?  KR comes to mind.  It started out a fugly mess, and ended up a fugly mess. (I still twitch when I see the incorrect perspective on the KR items and mobiles... TWITCH I SAY!)

Even the fanbois are quiet.  Not a good sign.
Come play RIFT with me!

Scrripty

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 06:29:11 PM »
+1
Yea I took a look at the new client the other night.  All I can say is WOW.  These people actually get PAID to do this... if I did something so lackluster, that looked like I just didn't care, I'd fire myself.  Really, I believe if they fired the dev team, hired all of us here for cheap, and gave us 6 months, we'd do it 10 times better.  Why aren't they milking the uo community anymore for people who love the game?  That's what I don't understand...  I'd hire 2 rabid uo fans with no skill over the dev's they've been bringing on to update the aging beast...  Some of the things we could do better... that horrible looking circle of transparency?  Reallly?  I could do that better in photoshop in 20 seconds or less.  Some of the artwork is just childish looking... wraith form in 3d?  Really?  That bad? hah  It's becoming almost a joke.  We're going from old to HORRIBLE. :)  And they're SELLING it as an UPGRADE. haha  I can't help but laugh at that. :)  On the UPSIDE, I do sort of like the look of the WORLD.  SORT OF.  If they could just figure out perspective like Cerv says...  Have you tried to organize a pack full of rings in 3d?  Give that a go for a good time.

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Xclio has no influence.
  • Respect: +56
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2009, 05:42:15 AM »
+1
I find myself more and more disappointed with things, will I buy the SA package, yeah probably and I will keep playing in 2d as the new client just isn't playable in my opinion.  I do find myself wanting to gravitate to the freeshard realm I just don't want to start over all that I have now on a highly populated shard.  Also finding a highly populated Freeshard that is worth a crap is difficult.

Offline redrum

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • redrum has no influence.
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
    • Myxproxy
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2009, 07:20:40 AM »
+1
Im done with osi... but i think TM and someother should make a free shard =P

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2009, 10:28:18 AM »
+1
Im done with osi... but i think TM and someother should make a free shard =P

Oh man, I barely have enough time to keep up with this site and the content.  I couldn't imagine having to run a freeshard as well!  I'm happy where I'm at with Lexia.  I don't need 1000s of people online; I've always been a solo player anyhow.

With OSI, I haven't really kept up with the content since AOS.  Last real characters have been Necro or Chiv, and the only thing from ML I use is the heartwood quester.  I just don't do much of the extra stuff; I would have been happy with T2A.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 10:30:08 AM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline redrum

• Activity:
    0%
  • redrum has no influence.
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
    • Myxproxy
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2009, 10:35:55 AM »
+1
yeh i need a sorta big server id say around 100 ppl i love to pvp not sure how many ppl play lexia but is it aos only or is it ml?

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2009, 10:41:45 AM »
+1
Lexia has some pretty cool PvP people.  But the server population is pretty low.  Seems like they average 30-40 people.  Shame since it's probably one of the most stable shards out there.  Since I"m a fan of scripting, that also helps in my decision.

They are AOS/Samurai.  Very little ML content.  I do miss colored wood, though.  They have monthly Tokono arties, so there's a time of the month when the arties are turned on just for you.  Kinda cool idea.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline seeriusly

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • seeriusly has no influence.
  • Respect: +40
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2009, 02:58:19 PM »
+1
Well...  I downloaded the HUUUUGE new client, played it for about 10 minutes, which was how long it took me to make one single macro, and I went STRAIGHT to the forums to gripe about it.  Then I noticed I had a beta code in my email, from weeks prior, and was so excited...  hahaha I dunno.  Then I finally realized there was a 2d CLIENT!!!  It WAS ON!!!

IMO...

The new stuff is neat!  Haven't got to play around with the new skills or templates, I spent my first few days getting a char and dragon like the ones I like to play, to see where i need to go, and what i need for new peerless's and where I can place new houses etc, etc...

The only thing that annoys the hell outta me, is this.  You know when a dragon is stuck, flapping its wings trying to get to its owner?  First thing out of impulse you try to do is invis it right?  OMG the gargs flapping their wings constantly while they are at their bank and such, totally pisses me off.

All in all, I think everyone will enjoy it, for at least another couple years...  New stuff,  new things to do.  Quests out the yang... Items, of course, all the new items we wil strive to get first...  I think you all will change your mind.

Offline Rn

• Activity:
    0%
  • Rn has no influence.
  • Respect: +15
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2009, 06:00:43 PM »
+1
has anyone tried embueing? ive seen a screenshot of insane items but i just dont know how hard it is to actually get those and id like some perspective

ill look for the SS in a min

Offline Rn

• Activity:
    0%
  • Rn has no influence.
  • Respect: +15
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2009, 08:06:01 PM »
+1