Author Topic: Having trouble with a script.  (Read 2603 times)

Offline darianTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • darian has no influence.
  • Legendary Noobie
  • Respect: +10
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Check out my guild City of the Damned
Having trouble with a script.
« on: October 29, 2009, 12:51:58 PM »
Soooo, this script hasnt been updated since 2004 and I cant seem to get in touch with the author. Its a horticulture script and it seems to not be recognising ummm, i think the water trough since SA came out.

Script Removed...TT  See site rules below.

3. Access Rules:

No connection via proxy
No posts are required to download ScriptUO, but you must be a registered user.
You may not re-post ScriptUO anywhere.  You may provide a link to this site however.
One post is required for access to all scripts. All new users are automatically Restricted. You will remain restricted until a staff member accepts your introduction.

Consider your first banning the only warning you'll get.  If you are banned a second time, it will be permanent.

Do not comment on a script or request script support if you did not download it here.  Even if that script resides here; you must be able to download it.  All such posts will be ignored.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 06:56:43 PM by Toptwo »

Beware of Dragons, For thou art crunchy and taste good with Catsup

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Having trouble with a script.
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 06:57:23 PM »
Darian,

Please re-read site rules....thanks!  TT
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 07:18:10 AM »
Ouch .. dont post others scripts a very Big NONONO.

We have plently of script writers here and NON of us look favourably on people who blantently disreguard our published works. (usless when publishing we specifically say its ok  to do so .. it is NEVER ok to repost someone elses work).

I recommend in all futures help appeals you or others make about a script that firstly you post in that scripts thread were ever it maybe .. that not getting a response after MUCH TIME then post a link to the script in question... everyone here has an account on EASYUO and if a person is inclinded to help they SHOULD post thier response in the EASYUO thread.

A sutiable request might be along the lines of

Thier is a script on EUO located <wesite> that i would really like to use.. i tried in vain to contact the aurthor and have appealed for help on EUO as can be seen <here? <here> and <here>.

PErhaps someone here if they have the time would consider giving it a look over and posting back in the autrhors thread.   With much gratitude for any help.. blabla

Of course no guantees you will get the help you want being as your a total newbie.  I can guarantee that once you become a respected member of the comunity that you will get answers to such questions.

But the rules for newbie and elite are the same dont repost others work .
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 07:19:52 AM by Endless Night »
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline darianTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • darian has no influence.
  • Legendary Noobie
  • Respect: +10
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Check out my guild City of the Damned
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 01:18:12 PM »
Ok, my bad, so sorry. Wont happen again, i promise. I been outr of pc usage for a bit, back now

Beware of Dragons, For thou art crunchy and taste good with Catsup

Tags: