Author Topic: So now, we wait [Dexter]  (Read 5190 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
So now, we wait [Dexter]
« on: December 16, 2009, 06:47:54 AM »
To see what turn Dexter takes.

If you didn't watch it, and are planning on it... go away now. Don't blame me for ruining it.

The feel at the end of the show was that Dex can beat his demon. That with Rita, Deb and the children's help he could some day defeat his dark passenger and maybe even become "normal".

Then the phone rang. And you knew something was wrong... then the baby crying and you hope that it's not what you think... then you see the floor and you know exactly what happened. I actually said "NO WAY" when I saw the baby.

How is that going to effect Dex? It'll be an interesting new season.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Wilk

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Wilk has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: So now, we wait [Dexter]
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 08:55:24 AM »
I'm bummed. I loved Rita.

It does open it up for a more no holds barred Dexter maybe. Does he keep Astor & Cody, or do the grandparents swoop in and claim them from the scene?

I wonder if Rita will be another ghost character in Dexter's episodes. One that "really" knows him this time.

Dexter's sister Debra is probably glad Rita is gone so no more potential love scenes between Rita & Dexter (Debra's real life husband).

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 09:12:51 AM »
It's a bold step by the production staff.

Really, if you think about it.... what char could they kill off the the greatest impact to Dex?

Anyone in Homicide could go and it wouldn't affect the story that much, even Deb. The ONE person that is showing Dex that he can beat this thing is the char they killed off. The char that makes the greatest impact on his life.

There was a lot of talk about "too much Rita" on the Dex forums, now it's all "WOW do you believe it?" LOL.

Does he go hard core? Does he continue his transformation to "normality"? What part do the kids play in this? What about "Aunt" Deb? How much more will they explore the Mosers?

I kinda didn't get why he freaked when Deb told him who his biological Mom was? Sure, now she knows that Harry adopted him... but so what? Maybe he's thinking that because Brian turned out the way he did, that automatically Dex would turn out similar?

Just 10 months or so to wait now... :(
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Wilk

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Wilk has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 09:41:58 AM »
>I kinda didn't get why he freaked when Deb told him who his biological Mom was?

I figured he was freaking because he thought that Deb pieced "everything" together, and was going to call Dexter out on knowing about his mother, and Brian. Then (in Dexter's mind) she'd know that Dexter had been deceiving her the entire time, and was capable of lying about anything to her, just like Brian.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2009, 10:03:19 AM »
So I got 10 months and alot of cuddling up to hulu.com to figure out what the heck you guys are talking about?

Offline Trayah

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Trayah has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009, 04:05:35 PM »
I'm done with Dexter now. The whole season was a letdown for me. They could have done half the episodes they did and told the story of Trinity just as good. Felt like a waste of time just waiting til the last episode for something to happen. I feel the writers killed Rita off because they painted themselves into a corner and didn't know what else to do. Rita was a really nice, sweet lady. Then the writers turned her into a B**** when she got married to Dexter. Some really crappy writing. I think they thought it'd be a good idea to have Dexter juggling married life and kids and then they saw how the viewers weren't enjoying it, so they kill Rita and make it easier on themselves.

Offline Rheeanna

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Rheeanna has no influence.
  • It's all good
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2010, 06:40:47 PM »
have you all read the Dexter books yet?    They are so dark I didn't bother reading the last one...but then...will my curiosity win?

I was so upset at the ending of last season.   I have been mildly amused with myself that I like Dexter so much, and realized its the parts he fakes that I like.  *shakes head at herself*

This show really messes with your mind, and I love it.     EXCEPT..... my hope for Dexter's redemption through his baby son is now throw into the fire....

The series is awesome.   After the last ending to the season I vowed I would not watch anymore.  Now I'm just waiting for it to start.   

I tell people about this show they look at me weird.   If I finally talk them into watching the series, they get hooked.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2010, 06:43:34 PM »
Peter Weller (Robocop) has signed up for the new season.

Some police/fbi/special agent type who is a bad guy.

Offline Rheeanna

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Rheeanna has no influence.
  • It's all good
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2010, 06:58:31 PM »
now bad for Dexter, or good for Dexter (I.E., the dark passenger will get fed?)

Tags: