Author Topic: So I like WoW. Sue me... lol  (Read 13584 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
So I like WoW. Sue me... lol
« on: October 07, 2008, 08:27:07 AM »
I've been playing WoW off and on again for a couple months now.  I like the fact that it looks gorgeous on my less than updated hardware.  I hate level-grinders, so it's taken me a bit to learn to tolerate that, but it's better than the grind of Everquest and you don't need to eat or die!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: So I like WoW. Sue me... lol
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 10:16:33 AM »
Any chance of posting a screenshot of what being in the game actually looks like. The screenshots on official websites never quite the same as when you actually playing the game yourself. This holds true UO Kingdom Reborn client.

I still can't get off the UO and eagerly await Stygian Abyss. I was 1/2 tempted to try Conan but I've never been a big fan of 3D thus far...

WoW does seem to be the big daddy of MMORPG's these days...

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 10:34:16 AM »
Sure, I can certainly post a few screenies. 
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 02:02:59 PM »
I killed my main gaming computer, so it'll be just a bit for any screenies.  Actually, it was my main development computer as well.  I better get cracking to fix it!
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 04:44:01 PM »
No worries!

If it's too much a pain in da arse forget about it! I was just curious...

Have you started playing WarHammer also or did you decide to hold off? I was curious as to a comparison between those two games...

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 05:46:50 PM »
I will get into Warhammer Online when the "new" wears off and they start a free trial phase.  I only got back into WoW because they gave out a Burning Crusade free trial. 
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 05:11:19 PM »
Boy, Blizzard has nearly broken their game with the last patch..  I think they have become a bit cocky in their world domination of the MMORPG market.  At the moment, it's unplayable.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2008, 08:02:05 PM »
Starting to sound like UO  ;D

How so though? What did they do?

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2008, 03:30:15 AM »
Oops, forgot to reply.

Blizzard just made a huge patch in preparation for the release of their next expansion.  But after that patch, the ping jumped to 1.5 seconds for me and this thing is pretty much unplayable.  They've been working on it for days now and it had gotten better, however there are moments when it goes bonkers.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline docaw

• Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • docaw has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2008, 04:12:37 AM »
taking a break from wow myself and am a bit out of touch with UO.  Trying to figure out eveything again

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2008, 04:15:20 AM »
taking a break from wow myself and am a bit out of touch with UO.  Trying to figure out eveything again

When was the last time you played UO?  Thankfully hasn't changed too much in a long time.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline b@ndito

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • b@ndito has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2009, 03:22:39 AM »
Since you like to script i hint you to check zolofighter bot, is a programmable java bot that i used when nerding years ago on wow... i made a lot of gold enough to sell it and pay the bill and more XD

Offline Coragin

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2009, 05:01:49 PM »
UO, then Everquest, then back to UO, then both, tried Asherons Call, DAOC, Star Wars Galaxies, WoW, always stayed with UO and EQ because they are simply the best.  And EQ made me a lot of money lol.
Coragin

My Facebook
And now I'm better at doing what ever it is Wolverine does!

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2009, 01:21:32 AM »
For me it when UO, UO, UO, Real life 4 years, UO, UO, DDO for like 2 hours, UO, Current

Tags: