Author Topic: Crafting/ Imbuing perfect woodland gauntlets  (Read 21237 times)

Offline PauloniusTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Crafting/ Imbuing perfect woodland gauntlets
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2010, 03:32:37 AM »
Alpha, where are you finding the hard stop at 12?  I appreciate the statistical improbability, but wonder why you think its impossible?
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2010, 09:51:35 AM »
Well.... when I'm crafting leather armor to specification I input the resists the piece must have to be kept.  5 of the pc's I always include are are the base leather armor resists + 12 or more of the random 20 that gets added in any one resist. So for example....

14/4/3/3/3 (12/20 added to physical resist) 

2/16/3/3/3 (12/20 fire etc..)

you get the idea...  I include these pc's so I know how often 12 or more is added & in 600,000 pc's of crafted armor I haven't seen more than 12 added & neither have my guildmates though I have no idea how many pc's the've crafted..   (just that they've gone through 200k leather burning gloves etc.. a few times.....)

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2010, 10:47:53 AM »
Yeah, 12 is correct for the maximum resist increase.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Canuker has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2010, 11:18:48 AM »
I don't know if I am fooling myself but it seems if you attempt to enhance but don't have enough boards and then restock and enhance again my personal sucess rate is much better. 

I've been trying to make the perfect RP, HPR bloodwood suit and using this method I've had resonable sucess.  The suit is finished but its just now tweaking every piece such that my physical is 59...easier said than done.
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

Offline Blizer

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Blizer has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
    • Imbuing Calculator
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2010, 08:55:02 AM »
Its not that hard  ::)

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2010, 09:25:08 AM »
Blizer,

Those are nice pieces, but none of them match the template for what I wrote the article about.  The point of the article was to examine what it would take to make woodland armor pieces that will have at least one resist enhanced so that each piece will have a minimum total resists of 66 or greater.  To do so, you have to craft with regular wood, get at least one resist at minimum, imbue the item, and then enhance it.  The pieces you have made didn't need to be enhanced and don't have any minimum resists -- sort of the whole point of the thread.

Without imbuing at least one resist, it makes it hard to get to all 70s.  Certainly possible and those might fit perfectly with the rest of your suit, but I don't know.  You are going to need 197 resist points on your other three armor pieces and jewelry on a human or gargoyle to max out, and 202 on an elf.  If you are not putting resists on your jewelry, that is an average of 66 for the remaining pieces and can be tough if you are using any artifacts.

I have not gone back to revisit the original article as I am still working on gathering data, but everything I am seeing suggests that it is five times easier to get the pieces with minimum resists than I had originally thought.  At some point I will go back and rework the original write-up to incorporate what I have learned since I wrote it.

FYI, on another concept mentioned a couple of times in this thread: I see weird results after running out of a resource and when switching between reimbue last, imbue last property, and imbue item.  Pretty inconclusive and could just be random variance, but it seems to hit more often if I switch things up.  

-P
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 09:35:14 AM by Paulonius »
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

-Mario Andretti

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2010, 08:45:59 PM »
Its not that hard  ::)

*sputter*

Where's the negative karma button when you need it?  Collectively, we've burned between 1-2 billion golds' worth of resources proving the point.  I'm usually the soul of courtesy, but Paulonious was too nice...

*rant*

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2010, 08:48:16 PM »
Negative karma is there.  Just "disagree" with the red heart.  But then you'll have to deal with the Karma Police.  ;)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2010, 08:51:09 PM »
Negative karma is there.  Just "disagree" with the red heart.  But then you'll have to deal with the Karma Police.  ;)

I am calm again.  I took it out with that shout box post directed at Ultima.  Now, I'm all kittens and ice cream.

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Canuker has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2010, 04:54:01 PM »
Its not that hard  ::)

Adding heartwood to a piece with no resist is easier, I think, than it is to one with imbued resist. 
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2010, 05:17:14 PM »
That is correct. The higher the intensity of a property, the more difficult it is to enhance it successfully.

-Mario Andretti

Offline baldielocks

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • baldielocks has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
  • Referrals: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2010, 07:48:52 PM »
Nobama: add in a billion for me. Thanks to this thread, I have become one of the major imbuers / suit builders on my shard. Because of THAT, I have gotten to build about 10 of these suits ( about 80 successes total, some trash lower req's and mage pieces). For free!

I have found that the highest success chance with enhancing w/ heartwood comes from lower poison resists. You only need 14 per piece ( 6 pc suit) to reach 70. So 7 poison is a max for most of my uber suits. If working with artifacts, you can usually lower this. I have made all 70's suits with 12 poison per piece (5 starting).

Suits using heart of lion and fey leggings are a challenge. That combo requires much higher poison. Swap out fey legs for bane legs, and it is easier to build around.

Offline Pearls

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Pearls barely matters.Pearls barely matters.
  • Respect: +65
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2014, 09:54:45 AM »
Resurrecting a fun thread haha :)

I have burned through about 25k bark and ended up with about 800 pieces of armor to work with in order to make a sampire suit.
I used Miffy's Item Finder to see if i could find any pieces where a resist was increased by 12 by the EAL distribution.

Found 1 piece: 6/15/3/5/6
Personally i look for pieces that have 5-9 phys + 3-7 pois + 1 (close to) minimum resist, anything else gets trashed.
If this had cold 2, then it'd be incredible :) But i'm already very happy with it, just hope the right mods stack on it & that it lives through enhancing.
XII : "My happiness as a married man is directly related to the amount of sex I have which, in turn, requires that I pretend I like these movies every now and then and that it really doesn't bother me when she tells me about her problems but doesn't want me to give her a solution ;) "

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2014, 04:49:35 PM »
12/20 is tough to pull.   Maybe every 2000 pieces from what I recall.   Anytime I build a suit though I have an exact resist distribution that i look for and if a crafted piece exceeds what i need and survives the reforge or enhance then I usually adjust the next most difficult piece if the previous amount over can be used.  Last time I did this though 8 do remember adjusting a beetle jacking script to specifically keep my backpack near full so that I couldn't receive wood from trees but only special resources.   It was a huge increase in the amount of bark I other at the cost of no wood but I burned over 600k bark so it was worth it.    Good luck.

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2014, 09:20:07 PM »
I always like to have a forged metal tool handy. It guarantees enhancement of an item, comes with 5 or 10 charges. I can usually find one in game for gold but sometimes have to spend out of pocket. I save them for OMFG pieces that I want to enhance but not lose.

https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/buy/ultima-online/pc-download/addon/forged-metal-tool-10-charges-100-enhancement-

https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/buy/ultima-online/pc-download/addon/forged-metal-tool-5-charges-100-enhancment-

Tags: