Author Topic: Greetings all.  (Read 1749 times)

Offline mdsdiarmuidTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • mdsdiarmuid has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Greetings all.
« on: June 22, 2010, 10:46:35 PM »
Greetings everyone. I'm relatively new to UO after a decade hiatus. Whole lot of new things for me to learn, so I am looking forward to learning from you all until I am able to return the favour to others.

Cheers,

Micah

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings all.
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 10:50:40 PM »
Greetings Micah and Welcome to SUO!

Tell us a little more about yourself. 10 Year Hiatus is quite a long one...we want to know where you've been and what you've been doing! ;)

What brings you back and what are some of the best memories you have of UO?

What do you like about UO now compared back to the good ole' days?

Good to see your back and welcome to ScriptUO! :)

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 03:34:40 AM »
Also what servers are you playing then and now? OSI or free shard?

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 06:13:34 AM »
O & M are trying to help you get complete access, since you must have missed the header on this thread.  We need you to provide a more complete introduction as a requirement to full access on the site.

Welcome to SUO!!
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline mdsdiarmuidTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • mdsdiarmuid has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 09:34:01 AM »
Thanks for the welcome.

I've tried a little WoW in the hiatus, and a good bit of Halo to keep me video-game wise busy. But I've always had a soft spot for UO, and it feels good to be back.

I really enjoy the crafting, resource gathering, item creations. In particular mastering blacksmithing, alchemy and bowcrafting are always a soft spot for me. I never got into any PvP much before, but am beginning to want to taste it more intentionally rather than when pressed to. My fondest memories would be when I finally got GM smithing for the first time on OSI; felt like I had climbed a mountain. And then discovering and using provocation to work dragons on Hythloth island would be the highlight of my PvM career.

I am currently trying a free shard, Pandora. It seems quite good but I have so much to learn I'm not sure how good. I do like the bushido and ninjitsu skills, what I've seen of them so far. Add some great special skills for a guy like me who gravitates to the hiding/stealth/archery/poison side of things, and away from the magery side.

Tags: