Author Topic: Hey guys  (Read 2000 times)

Offline abe159Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • abe159 has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hey guys
« on: June 23, 2010, 02:51:22 PM »
Whats up?  I first played UO back in '01 or '02 I think?  Not exactly sure what shard, but I'm thinking Pacific most likely? I was pretty young then, but I clearly remember the excitement of me and my schoolmates getting together and pking noob miners in Minoc with our massive (~80 swords) skills 8). We used to make doodles of pvp battles in school lol.  After a long hiatus I started up on a free shard called Pandora ( www.pandorauo.com ) about two months ago, and have been learning the ropes. Actually, a few months before that I was playing on secondage, because that's what I was familiar with, but I got tired of it, so I started looking for a freeshard that had all the expansions. Whew! Overwhelming at first, but I'm starting to get a grip on it... custom housing is way awesome, and the new magic system is pretty cool compared to the old "of vanquishing" stuff. There's no skill cap on my shard so I've been trying to GM as many skills as I can, the big ones left to do are smithing, spellweaving, inscription, and alchemy. I'm also trying to learn pvp but I still get owned by all the old vets (who have all this sweet runic gear that I'm just now figuring out how to get for myself). What really surprised me is how many people there are scattered across all the shards still, UO has stood the test of time pretty well I think.

I won't lie I found this site searching for a Heartwood fletching quest script, I see by the image VVV you guys must get that a lot. I can haz?? My shard doesn't have OSI style imbuing, more of a custom system, so I've been salivating over having an ultra l33t runic bow, but crafting those bows by hand for the quest is a pain.

I only ever took two BASIC programming classes in hs & messed around with Flash Actionscript, so I'm not a very good scripter, but I've been learning when I have the time, which isn't a whole lot since I'm in school. Anyway I hope you'll let me join your community because it seems pretty solid, I'll probably stick around for more than the Heartwood script. I don't know if you pro scripters will benefit much from my little scripts, but I won't be a jerk or annoying noob or anything.

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Hey guys
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 03:12:49 PM »
Thanks for the nice intro...and the honesty ;) Welcome to SUO! Restricted status lifted so have a look around!
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline abe159Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • abe159 has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 03:16:41 PM »
Ah, thank you! Cheers!

By the way, if anyone happens to play on Pandora my main char is Doc Holiday.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 05:53:40 PM »
Welcome to the site there stranger have look around kick the tires and tell the lady at the search desk that we sent ya.

Tags: