Author Topic: New player coming through watch your feet  (Read 3346 times)

Offline hxteTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • hxte has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
New player coming through watch your feet
« on: August 01, 2010, 01:25:48 PM »
My name is Arkane/hxte/hate/Nodal/Majih/blahblahblahblah. I've been playing uo on free servers since 1999. Started way back in the day on the Greyworld/TuS emulators then moved to sphere and finally runuo. Until i started playing the server i'm currently on, Pandora *free server*, its always been the standard 100 all stats cap 100 all skills cap. I've been playing a mage/necro build and enjoying it thoroughly. I recently quit wow because the game is just pathetic now and UO has always been the best MMORPG in my opinion. I've never been much for farming/crafting until i learned the pleasure of RUNUO recently, and i thank you all for your hard work so that i do not have to work hard ingame. Im not much of a speech/introduction type person, i'm more of a conversationalist. So uh what next. I am recently married to my girlfriend of 6 years and we both play UO together. Its fantastic to have someone who doesnt yell at you for playing a game but helps you out in it. I do not know what else to say.

Thank you all,
Arkane

Offline baldielocks

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • baldielocks has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
  • Referrals: 5
    • View Profile
Re: New player coming through watch your feet
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 07:47:56 AM »
Welcome arcane. Tell me, how did you get the GF / Wife to play? I am working on mine, but no luck ( even after 12 years of persistence!) ???

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 08:14:38 AM »
I would hate it if my wife played. With my luck she would get hooked and I'd never see her again!

When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

jesterboo

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 08:18:24 AM »
That's ok, when i started playing 2 years ago, my wife hated the game and still does. But she plays the Sims, which she has all but i think 3 of the disc. I would like for my wife to play and start a tamer. i think she would get a kick out of it

• Activity:
    0%
  • hxte has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 04:08:33 PM »
It was pretty easy to get my wife to play, she was a console junkie with games like donkey kong and the sort. I showed her a little about uo and BAM she was hooked. I she's super addicted too, but its ok because we have an adjoined desk :D

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2010, 04:30:47 PM »
It was pretty easy to get my wife to play, she was a console junkie with games like donkey kong and the sort. I showed her a little about uo and BAM she was hooked. I she's super addicted too, but its ok because we have an adjoined desk :D

Just as long as she doesn't forget to make yer dinner!!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
  • hxte has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 06:59:17 PM »
Dude not funny. She didnt make me dinner today and I was pissed. She was going to make steak, but her little sister had her first breakup so she took her out to get icecream instead. Like, I dont care about her feelings, I care about my stomach.

jesterboo

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2010, 07:25:02 PM »
sorry to that, i hope her little sister is all better, but you know a bowl of cereal goes a long way. lol when she (wife) isn't around

Offline agirl

• Activity:
    0%
  • agirl has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2010, 08:08:41 PM »
Hi hxte! The people here are great! My husband and I play together as well, although I think I am just his sugamomma sometimes! I do the crafting and farming and he does the spending! My husband played prior to my playing and the way he got me started was saying, Ugh I don't have time to work skills, you sit at home all day you should really work my skills for me while I am at work...so I did what any good lil wifey would do and I got hooked. Thank god I found scripts when I finally started my own acct!

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2010, 11:43:08 AM »
Lol....   I was in the process of Training parry Waaaay back in the day by getting like 12 Cats to attack me.   My GF (now wife) was in the Room & at some point I apparently auto defended & killed one of the cats which made that horrible screetching death noise they do.  My Wife looked horrified... lol     That's the reason she still gives to this day anytime I try tempting her to play UO.  "I'm never going to play a game where you can beat Cats to Death with a Club ...   = O

Tags: