Author Topic: Strange Happenings on Baja  (Read 1719 times)

Offline manwincTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Strange Happenings on Baja
« on: October 11, 2010, 07:21:53 AM »
So, I've been on break from UO for about 2 months. I'll log in and tend plants, write a few scripts, do a spawn here and there, but overall my playtime is at an all time low. Something strange is that a 99% Blue Guild that was quite large and active on Baja has practically VANISHED since they began all the Bannings, Which is odd because they were all ANTI-Speeder/Anti-Scripters.

You Would think they would be sticking around and jumping all over the Perma Bannings that have been occurring and trying to get rid of everyone on the server!

Anyone noticing anything similar on some other shards? Its kinda strange for a guild that normally runs 10 deep every day to just go POOF.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Strange Happenings on Baja
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 08:07:23 AM »
Nopers.  I have not noticed anything like that but it is certainly interesting.  In fact, people are ramping up speeders again to counter folks that continued to use them without bannings.  I have a hard time believing that a large number of the scripting population was banned.  I have been fishing for 90 days straight on one acct and 40+ on another.  I also macro a lot of other stuf fwithout mercy.   

Offline Dixie Wrecked

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Dixie Wrecked has no influence.
  • Respect: +31
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 08:31:31 AM »
So, I've been on break from UO for about 2 months. I'll log in and tend plants, write a few scripts, do a spawn here and there, but overall my playtime is at an all time low. Something strange is that a 99% Blue Guild that was quite large and active on Baja has practically VANISHED since they began all the Bannings, Which is odd because they were all ANTI-Speeder/Anti-Scripters.

You Would think they would be sticking around and jumping all over the Perma Bannings that have been occurring and trying to get rid of everyone on the server!

Anyone noticing anything similar on some other shards? Its kinda strange for a guild that normally runs 10 deep every day to just go POOF.

I think the 99% guild might have just transferred, as I have seen a number of players with that guild tag recently on LA.  I don't pvp, so I'm not sure how many there might be (a search on the guild on the UO website show 15 members on LA), but tha might be the explanation.
"hmm, theres no examples and directions sticky in new member intros.  you have to admit script library would have been a good place to put it"
- karrde

Offline manwincTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 09:32:57 AM »
I wonder why they transferred, all the scripters/speeders they mainly complain about PLAY on just about EVERY shard Lol.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Tags: