Author Topic: ENs - OpenEUO Modded Inferface (MODGUI)  (Read 67552 times)

Offline Endless NightTopic starter

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: ENs - OpenEUO Modded Inferface (MODGUI)
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2013, 03:14:27 PM »
Suggestion : Implement your Translator -> Button Load EUO File and then print into Memofield of Openuo ...

Was thinking on these lines ..,  A menu option Convert Blabla, select file... converts . dumps output into a new script tab... labesl as <..>.lua   but doesnt save it... outputs errors into the memofield.. or  maybe a text files <...>.err

Also was thinking be nice to have openEUO file option and when click run... it runs it via Ximans EUO Emulator work ??
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline ximan

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • ximan has no influence.
  • Respect: +16
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2013, 11:27:46 AM »
when click run... it runs it via Ximans EUO Emulator work ??

It could, unfortunately, couple of bigger problems than integration.  Main one is that there's no reasonable way to bring the emulator and easyuo into complete congruence.  As such, very few public scripts run 'as is' under emulation, and only an experienced scripter is able to pinpoint what's going on.  Could be a script bug, emulator bug, or an unavoidable difference between emulator and easyuo behavior.  For example, the emulator catches and reports mismatched parentheses and braces.  In such cases the emulated result of affected code is typically different than what easyuo produces.

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2013, 12:59:32 PM »
when click run... it runs it via Ximans EUO Emulator work ??

It could, unfortunately, couple of bigger problems than integration.  Main one is that there's no reasonable way to bring the emulator and easyuo into complete congruence.  As such, very few public scripts run 'as is' under emulation, and only an experienced scripter is able to pinpoint what's going on.  Could be a script bug, emulator bug, or an unavoidable difference between emulator and easyuo behavior.  For example, the emulator catches and reports mismatched parentheses and braces.  In such cases the emulated result of affected code is typically different than what easyuo produces.

So what your saying is your emulator is too smart ...   We need a dumber emulator. ??!!  :P
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."

Offline ximan

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2013, 02:27:21 PM »
So what your saying is your emulator is too smart ...   We need a dumber emulator. ??!!  :P

Har! If the emulator was so 'smart', it would behave exactly like easyuo and catch issues.  It ain't.  The 'right' way to create a parser/emulator would be to start with a formal language spec and use something like lex/yacc to generate the guts of the code.  Not being brainy enough to create an accurate formal language spec for easyuo, or a lua-emitting version of lex/yacc, my emulator is coded the evil way~ by hand.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2013, 02:32:09 PM »
Har! If the emulator was so 'smart', it would behave exactly like easyuo and catch issues.  It ain't.  The 'right' way to create a parser/emulator would be to start with a formal language spec and use something like lex/yacc to generate the guts of the code.  Not being brainy enough to create an accurate formal language spec for easyuo, or a lua-emitting version of lex/yacc, my emulator is coded the evil way~ by hand.

Same with the emulator I wrote for ScriptUO.  It's pretty fuggly.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2013, 03:01:19 PM »

Same with the emulator I wrote for ScriptUO.  It's pretty fuggly.

Same with the euo-lua converter i wrote... very fuggly

Offline KaliOfLS

• That's "Dr." Kali to you!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • KaliOfLS has no influence.
  • Respect: +33
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2013, 06:12:00 PM »
well, if we're trying to say who has the most fugly code... I bet I'm winning that.
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 
^ real life signature for sure

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2013, 06:15:51 PM »
well, if we're trying to say who has the most fugly code... I bet I'm winning that.

Ok KaliOfLs ... you win ... hands down total knockout win.     ;D

Offline ximan

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2013, 10:53:38 PM »
Lolz kali you can blame your tutor, I gave it my all. 

Anyways, most script emulation differences (whether bugs or structural) would likely be pretty easy to spot for a script's author if the script isn't something on the complexity of, say, Claw.  Of course I'm willing to fix anything reported.  Convincing people to muck about with an unfamiliar, unfriendly, unfinished system to find bugs is a hard sell though.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2013, 08:27:34 AM »
Convincing people to muck about with an unfamiliar, unfriendly, unfinished system to find bugs is a hard sell though.

*cough*OEUO*cough*
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2013, 09:21:54 AM »
Convincing people to muck about with an unfamiliar, unfriendly, unfinished system to find bugs is a hard sell though.

*cough*OEUO*cough*

lol tm...  its just trying to move regular folk to object oriented menu's is too much for them. 

Offline KaliOfLS

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2013, 11:18:04 AM »

*cough*OEUO*cough*

lol tm...  its just trying to move regular folk to object oriented menu's is too much for them. 

OO requires a bit more 'programming' know how, as opposed to scripting.  I think scripting, in general, is easy to learn, but understanding things like memory allocation and data structures is a bit beyond scripting.
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2013, 06:34:40 PM »
Love the new option.  Wonder if they a special way to use them.  I can't seen to have the find CTRL-F) to work. Nothing happen when I try it with key or drop down menu.

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2013, 06:40:05 PM »
Love the new option.  Wonder if they a special way to use them.  I can't seen to have the find CTRL-F) to work. Nothing happen when I try it with key or drop down menu.

Did the find Window open .. did you trype something in the text box did you click find... was that text even in your file... ie try finding the letter a

If its still not working then do below....(even if you have already done this do it again)

(1) Download Latest OpenEUO   ... unzip and replace all files.

(2) download My icons zip .. unzip it into  \gui\icons  folder (in openeuo folder)

(3) download latest version of the ModGUI.zip file... unzip it and REPLACE existing files into GUI folder (in openeuo folder)

NOw run the new version of OpenEUO.exe  .. everything should work.  Open a script that contains the letter A, make sure your cursor is at the top of the script first letter first line..... Do control-f  enter the letter A in the find edit text box .. click the Find Next button.  

IF still no joy report back exactly what happens or doesnt happen when you do control-f.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 06:45:06 PM by Endless Night »

Offline KaliOfLS

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 13, 2013, 09:09:32 PM »
v11b

Script didn't print anything/debug info.  Three scripts, one was running.
Saved and closed all scripts.  Hit the close button on oEUO, and it won't close.
Not sure what the problem is
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 

Tags: OpenEUO