Author Topic: For home owners  (Read 5604 times)

Offline MasscreTopic starter

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
For home owners
« on: May 07, 2011, 04:31:13 PM »
Link

There is problalby nothing to this but thought I would throw it out there for anyone to make comments on or thoughts.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
Re: For home owners
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 05:16:43 PM »
must be that smurfy king of thieves geezer... him and his bloody tax collection...  lol
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline BeaverBob

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • BeaverBob has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 07:04:36 PM »
now i see this post i do believe what the forums say their is a bug with the game but i don't think it is all secures in the house i am always looking for idocs while doing this i do a lot of snooping in peoples houses just checking if i can get in containers i do this because a long time ago about a month i dbl clicked a commodity deed box in someones house ( it was a locked down and secure) and was allowed access to it i did not get much some imbuing regs i checked back at this house every day for about a week and 2 other times i took stuff out of the box until they removed the box but since then i always check containers in open to the public houses i have found that commodity boxes gift boxes and wooden crates are the only ones i have had access to so either people are stupid and would lock a box down and give access to anyone some of the items i have taken have been good best item so far was a bucket of water but out off all the houses every one has been open to the public then again maybe i have just been lucky enough to find the few people in the game that don't know how to secure a item   

Offline KuhlKy

• Activity:
    0%
  • KuhlKy has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 08:41:22 AM »
I was told about this exploit early last week by Tazar one of the moderators of stratics. He even went with us to show us how to protect the houses. Private houses are safe its the ones set to public that potentially have a problem. It does exist. Best solution is to set house to private if possible. If not then to set chests 2 high around entrances (one chest will not work). Several people were hit its not a single instance and it is on all shards. I started to post here about it Monday or Tuesday last week and was asked not to so that the developers could have a chance to fix it. The idea was so that it could be fixed with minimal damage. Apparently since its not fixed yet the people on stratics decided to give everyone a heads up so people could protect themselves. If I hear that its fixed I will let you all know.

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 09:08:36 AM »
Are the ones getting hit customized homes or classic homes?

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 10:10:04 AM »
K, let's hear some details. I can get all this info at Stratics, I come here for BETTER info!! ;)

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2011, 10:59:38 AM »
K, let's hear some details. I can get all this info at Stratics, I come here for BETTER info!! ;)

X

Exactly what 12xOver said spill the beans !!

Offline KuhlKy

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2011, 05:17:29 PM »
I asked and was told he was positive that customized were being hit and had heard rumors that classics were hit. There is supposed to be an announcement about the buggy boats and he believed the houses tomorrow. Will let you know what else I hear.

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2011, 05:52:47 PM »
Could it not simply be an issue with house teleporters and improper accessing??
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline KuhlKy

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2011, 09:00:12 PM »
no it wasnt teleporters from what I understand, they were actually going thru the door. Originally the way I understand it a person went to another one of their accounts and was able to access chests that were not set to friends. Upon realizing this the person tried on friends chests and even tho the chests were set to owner only they were able to get into the chests and actually reset them to anyone. They notified GM's about it and they began to actually check that it wasnt just a few accounts. When they saw that it was any account that could do it they decided to keep it hush hush as to not have  a rash of thefts. Apparently there had been complaints of items missing from houses that could not be explained. EA was notified and was suppose to fix it. I think they were still having things come up missing on accounts so the Stratics team decided to post about it to give everyone a heads up. When it will be fixed I do not know. I dont exactly know how people were doing it.

When I asked him today if it had been fixed and about whether or not it was only custom houses he told me that they ( I am assuming EA) are going to make a statement about the buggy boats and he thinks about the house thing. I asked him if the person had to be friended to the house and he said no as long as the house was public it could be broken into. When I asked about posting something about the bug when I found out he asked me not to. He asked me to wait for the same reason they waited.

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2011, 09:43:13 PM »
Alright.  I've got my Tram customized house teleporter blocked with two chests.  That means the only way into my no-door strong room is through my Fel keep interior, via a house teleporter set to 'Owner only.'  Bring it, bitches.  Let's see you get the items in THAT room with this exploit.

Offline BeaverBob

• Activity:
    0%
  • BeaverBob has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2011, 09:48:49 PM »
lmao

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2011, 06:58:19 AM »
umm thinking thinking thinking...  I have a funny feeling i might have done something like this once to myself a few years back and just thought thats odd... and fixed it somehow...   Never thought to check others tho.. and now i cant remember the circumstances.  Although i remember some circumstances.   Could be totally off base tho.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline KuhlKy

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2011, 04:17:24 PM »
make sure for every chest you lock down to prevent someone from going in there is a 2nd one on top of it. If there is only one chest you can walk thru it. I didnt believe that someone could walk thru but you can I was shown how to do it.

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2011, 07:06:40 PM »
For all these people saying, "I've seen it" or "I've done it"...

Pics, or it didn't happen.

Tags: