Author Topic: Hello all!  (Read 2278 times)

Offline tekhnolyzeTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • tekhnolyze has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hello all!
« on: June 25, 2011, 10:51:05 AM »
Guess I'll go ahead and make my introduction here. I'm 23 years old and a UO player since UO:R's debut. I'm in the US Army and I program in Python in my spare time. I do a little bit of EUO scripting, but not too much since I don't want to make new scripts for things that already have scripts that work perfectly fine. I'm a Linux fanboy (<3 Slackware) and general computer geek. Not really sure what else to say here lol, I've been using EUO for about 4 years but on a somewhat limited basis (I try to not AFK when I can). I play Chesapeake and Europa as my two main shards, and I'm definitely more of a PVMer than a PVPer, but I keep a pvp paladin (120 chiv ftw) ready and set for both. Hoping to be a regular poster on the boards here (at least in the main boards, probably won't get much done in the script boards). Looks like a pretty active site.
Not really sure what else I should say, but I'd be glad to answer any questions the more curious members might have
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 10:57:20 AM by tekhnolyze »

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Re: Hello all!
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 05:28:27 PM »
wow, not even a hello lol

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 06:15:48 PM »
Welcome

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 03:32:37 AM »
wow, not even a hello lol
LOL, guess those will slip by from time to time ;)

Welcome to ScriptUO Tekhnolyze! Hope we see you active on the boards now that your Restricted status has been lifted.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2011, 10:20:44 AM »
Heh, sorry about that Tek.  We all tend to fall asleep during the summer time so some do fall through the cracks.  Thanks for the gentle reminder.

HELLO and WELCOME!!!  ;-)

And yes, Linux rulez.  Just not Gnome 3.0.  :(

I started out on Slackware back when it was distributed on 15 5.25" floppies.  That was a while ago.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 10:23:03 AM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2011, 01:00:07 PM »
Glad to see another linux fan!

and I 100% agree about Gnome. KDE ftw! (would say E ftw but I can't get the stupid thing to work longer than ten minutes without crashing ^_^)

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2011, 01:25:57 PM »
Ya, I have every computer I own dual booted to F14/15 and windows something.  I've always been a Gnome fan just because it's close enough to windowz for me.  I don't mind KDE too much as long as I can use Nautilus instead of the KDE file browser (for the multimedia preview options mostly).  Now that Gnome is pretty much worthless to me, I've fully embraced XFCE.  It's "Gnomey" enough for me to get back to my comfort zone.

I suppose when they decide to make Gnome 3 less of a "click slut" and less of an iOS wannabe, I might give it a whirl again.  Until then, buh bye Gnome, I'll miss ya!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2011, 03:40:14 PM »
nice... i like what I see when someone reposts in their intro.  I have high hopes to see you out on the boards.  welcome

Tags: