Author Topic: SUO Launcher  (Read 78083 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: SUO Launcher
« Reply #105 on: March 21, 2015, 09:59:21 AM »
I have just a couple more things to do, but probably by Monday.  I haven't gotten alot of feedback though.  You're welcome to share it with whomever you want to test it.  In fact, lemme post version 17 and you can let people you know play with it.

I'm using it daily now.  I don't use things like Razor or UOS, so it's kinda perfect for me.  EasyUO and a way to get to freeshards are all I really need.  That and not getting swamped by all the daemons in Wind on your shard.  lol.

I need to get in touch with Red Squirrel.  If he would associate this with UOGateway, that would be awesome!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 10:08:31 AM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #106 on: March 21, 2015, 10:46:03 AM »
Release notes for v17:

. Added version number update sense.  Now the program will know where there has been a new version uploaded
. Added a server-side shard link count so I can track how many times the shard link function has been used.
. Fixed a few little issues.
. Probably added more.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 21, 2015, 11:40:22 AM »
V17 worked great, I like the skin instead of the normal grey that is seen a lot with different gumps and programs. The only issue that I found may be more of a Google Chrome or Win 8.1 issue than anything else.

Question: I cannot drag a link to SUO Launcher?

Answer:
In Windows, if a programs aren't running at the same permissions level, you cannot drag/drop between them.  If you had to run the Launcher.exe at admin rights, then you will probably need to be sure you're running your browser as admin as well.

I decided to try this out so I went to the properties then compatibilty and checked for it to run as admin. From there any add that I clicked on "support launcher" and "visit ScriptUO.com" then page would not load, would just sit there trying to load. I also found that I could not open Chrome from its shortcuts. While this is either a Crome or Windows issue, it may affect the drag link function for some.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #108 on: March 21, 2015, 11:46:39 AM »
I'll have to fiddle with the Chrome thing.  It seems to work pretty well with Firefox and IE.  I'm basically trying to filter the request to whatever default browser you have set up, but man Google makes everything difficult!  Lemme see if there's anything I can do on this end.  It's a google thing; Win 8.1 works OK.

Glad you like the background; it's better than plain vanilla.  I plan on making it more dynamic as time goes on.  Also I plan on making the Launcher splash screen seasonal.  So there will be a christmas one,  fall, summer, etc.

Thanks for testing!
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #109 on: March 21, 2015, 03:12:16 PM »
Release notes for v18 - RC1:

.  This is the first version I consider a release candidate (RC1)
.  All features are finished
.  Still will have issues with people who primarily use Chrome.
.  Ad campaigns are dynamic now, I can add/delete them server-side
.  Checkmark for archive clients now saves in XML
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #110 on: August 31, 2015, 01:21:31 PM »
Release Notes for Version 21 - RC4:

. Fixed bug in patching code where a missing multiclient signature would prevent the cfg file patch, resulting in the inability to redirect to freeshards.
. Added initial functionality for MySQL database interconnection to allow for Live shard database updates.  Now ScriptUO local database can be modified and presented as shards are added/removed from the Public tab!
. Now you can double-click on the shard to launch on the datagrid instead of having to press the Launch Client button.
. Revised site version to "21" so that now users of the Launcher will get an inital popup signifying a new version is available.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #111 on: September 02, 2015, 08:09:28 AM »
I :heart: you TM
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #112 on: November 03, 2015, 12:04:33 PM »
I'll be posting a version of this program that will make it easier to run older version of the client that's been cateloged.  So if you accidentally patch, you can just pull-down a list of older clients and run those instead.  There's still one compatibility issue with EUO I need to work through, but it'll be neat once complete.

http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;id=8
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 23, 2017, 11:43:46 AM »
*NECRO*

I tried using this and I cannot get it to do anything. It pops up to allow it to run but the program never loads. I have tried deleting the version I had and then re-downloaded it. I have it set to run as admin. I have tried with win 10 settings, compatibility for win 7 and win 8. I use to run it under win 8 and it worked then. I wanted to use this for RUO test center since the port changes and I don't know how to save servers in Razor. Any suggestions?

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #114 on: July 23, 2017, 03:33:21 PM »
Strange.  I use it daily.   Lemme try a fresh copy on a new computer I have.

At the bottom of the About SUO Launcher window pop, you'll see some numbers at the lower left. What are they?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 03:35:05 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 23, 2017, 03:39:04 PM »
*NECRO*

I tried using this and I cannot get it to do anything. It pops up to allow it to run but the program never loads. I have tried deleting the version I had and then re-downloaded it. I have it set to run as admin. I have tried with win 10 settings, compatibility for win 7 and win 8. I use to run it under win 8 and it worked then. I wanted to use this for RUO test center since the port changes and I don't know how to save servers in Razor. Any suggestions?

No need to save port, just remember them   2593 and 5556  for RB :)   post it note

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #116 on: July 23, 2017, 03:41:05 PM »
Works fine on my new work laptop.  Windows 10-64bit.  admin-mode.  I barely even installed UO on this.

If you have multiple versions of UO loaded, you might be sure it's pointing to the right directory.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 03:44:30 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 23, 2017, 04:59:50 PM »
It doesn't get to the point where I can do anything. I double click it, it prompts windows permission to run, then nothing. Nothing comes up or anything. I have it set for admin rights so I am not sure. Last time I ran it, I was on win 8. I did compatibility for both 7 and 8 as well but still nothing loads. I have Nortons already set to trust it.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #118 on: July 23, 2017, 05:22:25 PM »
Sounds like you might be missing some .NET runtime component or Nortons is still messing with you somehow.  You might just try and disable your virus software temporarily.  Are you using anything else other than Nortons?

Check out this picture to see how you can turn on/off .NET stuff

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
dotnet.png
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 23, 2017, 05:55:18 PM »
Sounds like you might be missing some .NET runtime component

DOH!! I never installed it when I set up my SSD and win 10 back in April. It is working like a charm now!

Tags: