Author Topic: Second Life  (Read 4953 times)

Offline TidusTopic starter

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
Second Life
« on: February 05, 2014, 06:04:34 AM »
Just wondering if anyone plays.  It is a good way for those who are familiar with C to actually make some $$ by scripting for a game.

In it it there is a virtual currency called Lindens.  You can add the Lindens you make to the currency exchange ran by Second Life.  So you are actually selling in game currency legally through this game.  You can pretty much do whatever you want in this game.  You can make clothing and other items by uploading Images.  I am enjoying it to just chat with a few friends and possibly learn how to write scripts in it.   When i say scripts it is not to make your char automatically do something.  This is a script that can make an object function.  You could write a simple vendor script and make it so that when someone clicks on a certain object in the script they can buy a copy or buy the original.

If you haven't checked it out. I suggest doing so.  I don't do it fully for the RP like alot of people do.  However, if you can get yourself on the marketplace and sell thing well. Then you can make some RL $$.
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Second Life
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 07:44:52 PM »
As much as I love (SARCASM ALERT pls no SWAT) dealing with the self righteousness of teenagers and children who's sexual understandings are slowly being malformed and twisted by the general internet creeper, and their always lonely and equally self righteous, multi-divorced mothers who believe quality time with their children is best spent in a make believe, multi-sexualized fantasy world where they can claim "it's the only place we're truly understood". I can't say I could really ever get into this game, even if there is money to be made (which I'm sure there is).
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 07:47:42 PM by dxrom »

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Offline TidusTopic starter

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 06:22:52 AM »
As much as I love (SARCASM ALERT pls no SWAT) dealing with the self righteousness of teenagers and children who's sexual understandings are slowly being malformed and twisted by the general internet creeper, and their always lonely and equally self righteous, multi-divorced mothers who believe quality time with their children is best spent in a make believe, multi-sexualized fantasy world where they can claim "it's the only place we're truly understood". I can't say I could really ever get into this game, even if there is money to be made (which I'm sure there is).

Sounds like someone is jaded ;)
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Offline danieljack

• Restricted
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • danieljack has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 01:03:06 PM »
I love second life. It's the best virtual reality. Lots of clubs. Brilliant.

Offline Pearls

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Pearls barely matters.Pearls barely matters.
  • Respect: +65
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2014, 04:27:32 PM »
Second life is like facebook 3D. No thank you :D

I have tried it and I found it to be extremely boring. The only interesting aspect for me is the fact that you can invent objects, skins, ... and sell these for money.
XII : "My happiness as a married man is directly related to the amount of sex I have which, in turn, requires that I pretend I like these movies every now and then and that it really doesn't bother me when she tells me about her problems but doesn't want me to give her a solution ;) "

Tags: