Author Topic: Satyr Trick Enhanced  (Read 18077 times)

Offline NeoTopic starter

• Prime Program
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Neo barely matters.Neo barely matters.
  • Respect: +155
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Satyr Trick Enhanced
« on: July 30, 2011, 07:50:24 AM »
Hi guys. I wanted to share with you something that has made my life A LOT easier when training up some skills. You all remember the satyr trick right?

If you don't know it, this is what I'm talking about:
Code: [Select]
Taken from uoguide.com
    Go into Twisted Weald, find a satyr and pull up its gump.
    Attack it by double clicking its gump in war mode and it will attempt to use discordance on you.
    Let it follow you around until you have been discorded. You will know this because you will see all of your skills drop.
    Then quickly get through the moongate to leave Twisted Weald.
    When attacking it I recommend you get to the exit as quickly as possible as it will try to provoke other creatures in the area onto you. With lowered skills you definitely don't want a Cu Sidhe attacking you; even a Pixie can be hard to kill if you're young. If they do target you, they must either be killed or you must leave the server and come back.
    Once you leave via the moongate the satyr will loose interest in attacking you. However, you are still discorded and you can re-enter without fear of it attacking you; this will NOT however stop critters that may have been provoked onto you from attacking you. This is when an invisibility spell or a pixie swatter with weapon skill comes in handy.
    Now as long as you stay close to the satyr you will stay discorded until it respawns. Making use of the Alt-Left Click combination to follow the satry around is helpful.

It takes a while to get the hang of it and may several tries before getting it down.

Unlike other debuffs, no icon indicator will appear in the buff/debuff gump while a character is Discorded.
Well, there's a way to "enhance" this trick, getting the satyr stuck, so that you can just stay put, and never have to follow him around anymore.
You will need a friend or second account to pull this off (it can be done solo, but it's easier to have someone there)

So, the first thing you should do is have a friend (or a second account) stand exactly at (1) in the pic below. Now have your toon (2) attack the satyr.

Once the Satyr starts attacking you, you should run to the spot shown in the picture below. Also be sure you're not in war mode as to not attack the satyr again.

Once the satyr gets to the spot just North of you (shown below) you should invis yourself (or have your friend invis you).

As soon as you're invisible, the satyr will forget to attack you (as long as you don't attack him again). Now you should quickly run past the satyr and stand right North of him, like shown in the picture below. Your friend (or second account) just has to stay put at the same spot since the beginning.

After a little while (a few seconds) the Satyr will want to move. Since he is blocked from the West (by your friend) and from the North (by you), and also, there's a rock blocking him from the East, he will have no choice but to move 1 square to the South. Once he does this, you should also move 1 square to the south. See pic below.

Ok, now you're done! The Satyr will be stuck there, and as long as you don't move, he won't be able to get out of that exact spot. Your friend (or second account) is free to go, as you will be blocking the Satyr's passage by yourself now.

Now you can perform the Satyr trick until you get discorded, invis yourself, and stand there training up your skill without having to follow the Satyr around. :)

I don't know if many of you know about this, I've just recently found out about this by accident when I started playing again after all these years away from UO.

Hope you find this useful. :)

If anything isn't clear enough, please ask here, and I'll try my best to make it clearer.

Never refuse an invitation.
Never resist the unfamiliar.
Never fail to be polite.
And never outstay your welcome.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Satyr Trick Enhanced
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 07:57:11 AM »
hehe,  I used this trick so much it isn't even funny but i heard they just fixed it in a recent patch.  can anyone confirm that or not?  there are actually about 10 or so really good spots to trap the satyrs olong the diagonal walls if you have two characters.  never found a spot where you could do it with one spot.  this was great for finishing ninjitsu or bushido when hitting a horse.

Thc for the submission, i just hope it still works!

Offline NeoTopic starter

• Prime Program
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Neo barely matters.Neo barely matters.
  • Respect: +155
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 08:25:21 AM »
hehe,  I used this trick so much it isn't even funny but i heard they just fixed it in a recent patch.  can anyone confirm that or not?  there are actually about 10 or so really good spots to trap the satyrs olong the diagonal walls if you have two characters.  never found a spot where you could do it with one spot.  this was great for finishing ninjitsu or bushido when hitting a horse.

Thc for the submission, i just hope it still works!
I saw a guy training up magery today using the Satyr Trick, so my guess is it still works.

I haven't used the trick myself in the last couple of weeks, so I don't know if there have been any changes in it.

However, last time I used it, I was under the impression that it was taking me the same amount of time to get the skill up by 0.1 as it would take if I weren't discorded.
If this proves to be right, then the only upside of using this trick would be to use lower skilled moves to get the skill up. For example, magery, you would use spells that are faster to cast and use less mana.
Never refuse an invitation.
Never resist the unfamiliar.
Never fail to be polite.
And never outstay your welcome.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 09:58:45 AM »
Interesting...
  i will try to connect with the person that was telling me they addressed it.  using a lower skill is certainly still an advantage for some skill sets so it is not destroyed.

Offline Bye-Bye

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Bye-Bye has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2016, 03:07:28 AM »
Old post, but better to share alternate method, I summon a water elemental, aggro it onto the satyr from a distance speak all stop all follow, pull satyr to the exit portal, then when stopped at portal, I tell water ele to stay, and drop 3 bagballs around the satyr then wait for ele to die, then drop final bagball in place.
This method gives more than enough time to swap chars (if char wanted not mage).. (Must also aggro it from a diagonal line of sight method) Another issue that will arise is exiting or invising will not reduce the aggro of monsters provoked onto you currently (at least my experience) so be prepared to have to kill a fairy or exit in a hurry.

Satyr still works 5-29-2016.

Tags: