Author Topic: A Wonderful Medusa Drop!  (Read 35535 times)

Offline OracleTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
A Wonderful Medusa Drop!
« on: March 09, 2010, 02:09:26 AM »
After having suggested to Trailmyx to add this forum section over a year ago, I finally have something I can post about in here! 

For the past several weeks, I have been beating up on Medusa in the hopes of getting a drop.  Weeks went by and nothing except the constant Stone Dragon's tooth (a Gargoyle Weapon, when unraveled yields one or two relic fragments) would drop into my backpack.

FINALLY, today I read the writing on the left side of the screen when she died and it stated, "A Special Gift has been bestowed upon you for defeating this creature...!"  Low and behold, I look into my backpack and there is a deed.  On the deed it says, 'A Medusa Floor tile'.  I recalled to my home and double-clicked it on the first floor of my house and a miniature version of the Medusa Floor Carving (of her face and snake-like hair) that is in her lair is now in my House!  Woo Hoo!

ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Re: A Wonderful Medusa Drop!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 03:37:40 AM »
Nice!
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 05:12:00 AM »
that was instated with new peerless drops.. it is really nice

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 05:15:03 AM »
Sweet! Nice Job!

ST and I have killed her over 30 times so far....10 stone daggers tooth's and 1 Ring "venom" (new drop)...guess I will hafta get back to killing her some more!
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 08:42:27 AM »
Sweet! Nice Job!

ST and I have killed her over 30 times so far....10 stone daggers tooth's and 1 Ring "venom" (new drop)...guess I will hafta get back to killing her some more!

Let's talk!  I want to work on it some too.  Can she be discoed?

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 10:00:30 AM »
Yes, I always disco here...turns it from a 25 min whammy fight to a 12-15 min fight.
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2010, 10:54:00 AM »
Anybody working on a key gathering script yet?
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2010, 08:05:47 PM »
Anybody working on a key gathering script yet?

I think someone posted that they had built one (Cerveza, maybe?)

The floor tile is the reason I'm farming components for Gorgon Lens non-stop these days.  My strategy has changed from two tamers (PITA to control both) to a whammy with a tamer/mage/bard to kill the statues and constant heal.  Tamer will not attack medusa at all, since the Whammy ought to be enough to kill her when discoed. 

Up to about three dozen gorgon lenses.  I'm going to be in that room for a while  8)

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2010, 08:08:23 PM »
Where are you farming the crystal for the gorgon lens? SHouldn't take that long! HOLY CRAP MY CPU Just wnet through the Roof, comp sounds like a jet! need to fix this!
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline OracleTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2010, 02:41:08 AM »
Best place to farm the Shimmering Crystals to make the Crystal Dust for the Gorgon Lenses is to kill the Crystal demons in the Prism of Light.  Practically every Demon drops a Crystal.  You can even grind the ones down that have timers. 

Also, if you didn't know it, Ancient Pottery fragments also grind down into Crystal Dust in the same proportions.

I could sure use a Script for the tedious task of farming the Serpent Eggs...that's the boring part!
ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline Coragin

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
  • Respect: +57
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2010, 06:51:44 AM »
There is a pic of this floor tile somewhere on stratics...
Coragin

My Facebook
And now I'm better at doing what ever it is Wolverine does!

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2010, 05:00:44 PM »
Best place to farm the Shimmering Crystals to make the Crystal Dust for the Gorgon Lenses is to kill the Crystal demons in the Prism of Light.  Practically every Demon drops a Crystal.  You can even grind the ones down that have timers. 

Also, if you didn't know it, Ancient Pottery fragments also grind down into Crystal Dust in the same proportions.

Quiet!  QUIET!  Giving away all my s3cRetz!!111one

Offline Petkiller

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Petkiller has no influence.
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2010, 05:49:01 PM »
After doing 7 medusas today I got 4 stone dragon's tooth and the other stupid snake staff.  I did get a berserker's breastplate off one of the bodys.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2010, 08:04:59 PM »
Good To know about the Berserkers Breastplate!!! THANKS!!!
Monkeys and Typewriters!

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2010, 09:34:20 AM »
Sounds like I need to farm Medusa all day Monday!

Tags: