Ultima Online Fan Board > UO-Related Tutorials

So You Want To Be A Treasure Hunter?

<< < (2/10) > >>

MeWonUo:
Very nice work Tarpan!

I'm glad I marked this so I could come back to it.  Loads of useful information in there.

I highly recommend anyone aspiring to be a TH'er read this.  I'll be referring back to this often I'm sure.

Ultima:
I didn't know about the coffin pieces. I saw them on sale the other day in Luna for over 10M a piece was wondering where they came from.

I might actually have to start Treasure Hunting just because of those coffin pieces. I did a few chests a few months back and it just wasn't worth it to me. Now that I know about those coffin pieces though I might have to pick up my shovel and head for land.

How rare are those Coffin pieces? I'm guessing the drop about as often as a Ghost Anchor/ Seahorse Statuette.

Nice write up!

Tarpan:
I'm not sure how rare the coffin pieces are. They drop from level seven chests, and I've only done one so far. I actually wasn't aware of the drop at the time, and I don't fully loot the chest so I might have gotten a piece then and dismissed it without realizing. I'd actually sworn off ever doing another one (the person who made renegade changelings can go right to hell) until I read about the coffin drop. I'll go back later and update the post with a list of special drops from each level of map, so it's more clear what to expect from each box of loot.

I do treasure hunting "in bulk", looting my maps by zone and only looting the good items from each chest. I'm unsure of the gold per hour I make doing this, but it feels pretty obscene. Between imbuing ingredients, mana phasing orbs, relics from unraveling, and of course the gold I think treasure hunting is stronger then its ever been. The loot in the chest itself may suck, but who cares? As it stands the magical armor and weapons inside the chest are secondary to the special items.

Ultima:
Can't you Decode all the maps then stone off Cartography and throw something else on instead?

I'm pretty sure I did that my last go around.

gimlet:
yes you can and also use mining then stone it and use lock pick if level 5 or higher

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version