Author Topic: ExpanDrive...  (Read 1617 times)

Offline UOMaddogTopic starter

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
ExpanDrive...
« on: September 28, 2009, 03:53:43 PM »
So, my college only allows you to access your "network drive" while you're connected to the school network. If you want to access if off-campus, you have to use an SSH program. After speaking with my Computer Engineering professor, he said that we should be able to SSH tunnel into the server and use Windows' built in "Map Network Drive" function to get it to work. I've been playing around with it for hours and haven't gotten in working...

However, I came across a program called ExpanDrive that has a 30-day free trial. It works awesome! Simply download/install and it asks for the server, your username and password, and that's it! It connected perfectly and mapped the network drive so I can access it in Windows through My Computer.

Now, being the cheapskate that I am, I want to figure out how to do this withOUT this program (unless someone wants to pay $40 for me or send me a license key haha). If the program can do it, I should be able to (I know, cocky, but logical!)

Here are the details that you need to know:
The network server is: dragon.ycp.edu
and we connect with a username and password (obviously not just gonna post it here)

If someone can give me a step by step on how to tunnel in and access it, I'd be greatly in your debt!!

Thanks in advance!!
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: ExpanDrive...
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 05:58:19 AM »
I only have a min to try to explain this right now but later if you need more details.  I can go into more detail.  You will need to turn on the drive to be used as being shared. then from a distance you can select mapnetwork drive. now according to the network, the drive and the computers this could take some time, but after several minutes you should getsome drives that are marked as shared start to show up.  then you can select the drive that you wanted to use and mark it as one that you will want to continue to access.  then you should have this icon on your my computer listings.

Tags: