Author Topic: Please Pull Forward  (Read 3424 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Please Pull Forward
« on: July 21, 2011, 04:08:03 AM »
I'm starting a movement to NOT pull forward at a fast food window.

How many times have you been nice and pulled forward, only to have the order wrong? What do you do then? Get back in line behind the last car? Or park and go inside?

And how many times have you pulled forward only to have the next 4 cars behind you get their orders and go around you? I could see if you ordered an ostrich egg omelet or something, but when you ask "Why the holdup" and they reply "Waiting for fries" you know it's BS cause at least ONE of those FOUR cars that went around you had to have gotten fries with their order.

Now, why do they ask you to pull forward? Here's why... The time from you hitting the sensor at the speaker to the time you receive your order is kept. It's used to measure metrics for how well the establishment is doing. By sending you forward they essentially "completed" your order and you are off the timer. They are having you pull forward so that their numbers look better, instead of them not being prepared with fries or something.

I'm not going to pull forward any longer. When I'm asked I will reply "No ma'am, I will not pull forward". When they ask the obvious follow up "Why not?" I will reply that I have pulled forward in the past and my order has been wrong or missing items. It takes much less of my time to check my order here at the window so it can be fixed immediately.

Thoughts?
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Canuker has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Please Pull Forward
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 04:11:47 AM »
At the local Mcdonalds my wife won't let me pull forward till she checks the order.  I'd bet they have a 60% screwed it up rate.
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 04:16:54 AM »
No doubt. Checking an order before leaving is another thing I will always do. I hate getting home to find out that they completely missed one item.

Just to clear things up about my DO NOT PULL FORWARD movement, it's about how you order, pull up to the window, they say the order will be a couple minutes, and ask you to pull forward and wait.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 04:30:10 AM »
I am with you guys. I had thought it had to do with metrics but was not sure. now I will surely say no so that someone will have to fix it and will get the store number and call hq each time I am asked to pull forward.

Offline Recon

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Recon has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 10:57:50 PM »
That's an interesting idea, I didn't know it was to keep their order timers in line. Makes perfect sense though.

Unfortunately I'm too nice to ever say no. :( Kudos to you though!

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 11:18:32 PM »
I gave up on using the drive thru windows entirely.  Horrible luck with them getting my order wrong virtually every time.

Plus, I find that I have a habit now of checking the last car in the line and seeing if I beat them out of the place. 

I usually win. :D

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2011, 11:40:18 PM »
At the local Mcdonalds my wife won't let me pull forward till she checks the order.  I'd bet they have a 60% screwed it up rate.
I had same problems only with McDonalds in past.
When iam in Drive in i drive next right and Checks first.. Sometimes when i get wrong order i just keep it.But if i get something i really dont eat then i go back and tell them.
Checking your Ordering seems to be needet at McDonalds.. it often happens i get lesser than i ordered and paid. So i need to confirm amount before i driving out:)

Offline bodfather

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • bodfather has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2011, 04:31:45 AM »
I've also never had trouble from anyone BUT McDonalds. If i order more than 2 things it's a guarantee something gonna be missing. One time they left out one of my kids happy meals. How?! But usually it's more like a straw or dipping sauce for the happy meals.

Here, they've started a 2 lane drive through last year. 2 lanes to order but they merge into one to pay at window #1 and get food at window #2. As if they didn't screw up enough now we've doubled that chance.

Offline Goliath

• Activity:
    0%
  • Goliath has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2011, 05:04:38 AM »
While McDonald's is the biggest culprit here I can tell you that the Taco Bell in my town is by far the worst at getting an order right.  I have no idea what they are doing in there but I hope it is something exciting.

Here is something else that I have experienced lately at my normal McDonald's that I visit near work.  This all happened within a 2 week period.

1)  I got to work with my order only to find that my Sausage Egg McMuffin was completed burnt.  Not some small over done spot.  But completed charred black all the way around on both muffins.  How is it that the kid working there looks at that and thinks it was okay to serve?

2)  I drive up to the first window and give the girl my money for the order.  When collecting my change and attempting to hand it to me she drops part of the change.  Now it dropped at her feet inside (not on the street).  She continues to hand me the change (not the change that was dropped) and says have a good day.  Seriously?  Being that I was running late I went on and she was .35 cents richer I suppose.

3)  A few days after this my wife and I go there for lunch and order inside to sit down.  I give the cashier my money and the change due is 2.37.  So the girl opens the register and gathers the change... looks at me and says "I am out of pennies".  She closes the drawer and tells someone she needs pennies.  She proceeds to take more orders and when the pennies comes she places them in her drawer.  This is where I am stunned.  She closes the drawer and asks me if I needed something else?  OMG!!

I now go to the Hardee's and have had no trouble there!

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Canuker has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2011, 06:17:23 AM »
A few month's back the wife got a pink burger at Wendy's.  Myself, I would have happily gone to Wendy's over Mcraunchies any day but it has now been placed on the ban list.  Sadly in Canada, or Calgary anyways, there are only 3 options for fast food so now it's left down to two. 

And I wish to add that while it is fast I am shocked at how freaking expensive it is to get two adult meals and 2 kids...might as well just cook, save a bit or spend the same and live better.
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

Offline bodfather

• Activity:
    0%
  • bodfather has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2011, 06:44:19 AM »
I've ALWAYS got pink burgers at Wendy's and have refused to eat there for quite some years. It's fine if you're into medium rare but i'm NOT.

Yes Goliath, muffins are usually burnt. You can complain and they'll give you, yet another burnt one.

As far as prices go, for both my children and myself @ McD's the usual cost is $18 for greased processed food. The 3 of us can go to our local authentic mexican, get THE BEST service and more food than we can eat for $19+tip. I know their food has to be better for us than the deep fried McHeartattacks.

Tags: